Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speeding ticket

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 08:09 AM
VsTheWorld
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.explodingdog.com/dumbpict51/goodpie.gif

Last edited by VsTheWorld; 07-26-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:28 AM
Griff012FLHX
Club Member
Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Ok guys I'm not really complaining....I was speeding....It was a nice country road very light traffic....Everyone who rides know how easy it is to go 72....
I have not had a ticket in over 20 yrs....I'm behind in the technology they have now....
I'll go to court and plead No contest and ask that the fine be as low as possiable do to the fack my record is other wise perfect....
Of course I'll wear a long sleeve shirt to cover my sleeved out arms and leave my Cut at home....
And I'll probaly do the on line Traffic school....
Thanks on the up date on their new toys....
I admit I'm a very agressive rider and lucky that I have not had any tickets in the last 18 months....

Old 05-29-2010, 09:41 AM
rscalzo
Road Warrior
Received 126 Likes on 77 Posts

Dose anyone no how the CHP can detect your speed when they are going one way and you another
Radar units since the 80's have had a moving mode. The vehicles much be closing on each other. Moving in the same direction is done by a pace using the radar. Although it's been a few years since I've used a unit so advancements are always being made.

But what was done is simple and common.

lidar/vascar
Really dating yourself there. We never used that technology. 10 over was always the norm.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:49 AM
VsTheWorld
Road Master

http://www.explodingdog.com/dumbpict51/goodpie.gif

Last edited by VsTheWorld; 07-26-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:59 AM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Green
I would be a lot more ok with the 'tax' if it didn't get the insurance company theirs, too. Never had a problem with the ticket, I've deserved all but one, but the insurance I really don't like.
A lot of States will offer a Traffic School. You gotta be careful there, however. Sometimes all they do is remove the 'points' and sometimes they remove the ticket completely from your record.

Insurance Companies couldn't care less about 'points'. Not interested. If they see a ticket, they score it. Period. If, OTOH, it's not there, then they can't very well see it.

Once you're with a decent Insurance Company, they're not especially interested in minor tickets -- Stop Sign, minor speed (in Florida -- 15MPH over, or less) illegal turn, etc. Unless you start accumulating a bunch of them. They DO get interested in Major violations, however.

Some Insurance Companies are what we call 'Multi-Tiered' and will look for any excuse to move you into a more expensive 'tier' whenever they can. They know that you're kinda screwed and can't go shopping too much if you got a couple tickets on your record. That's why I said "Decent Companies."

Down here, I think they offer five lifetime Traffic Schools where they remove the ticket. There's other rules, too. Maybe no more than one a year -- Don't remember. But if they offer a traffic school where they REMOVE the ticket, you might want to consider that.

Old 05-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Big Green
Advanced

Originally Posted by Grendel4
A lot of States will offer a Traffic School. You gotta be careful there, however. Sometimes all they do is remove the 'points' and sometimes they remove the ticket completely from your record.

Insurance Companies couldn't care less about 'points'. Not interested. If they see a ticket, they score it. Period. If, OTOH, it's not there, then they can't very well see it.

Once you're with a decent Insurance Company, they're not especially interested in minor tickets -- Stop Sign, minor speed (in Florida -- 15MPH over, or less) illegal turn, etc. Unless you start accumulating a bunch of them. They DO get interested in Major violations, however.

Some Insurance Companies are what we call 'Multi-Tiered' and will look for any excuse to move you into a more expensive 'tier' whenever they can. They know that you're kinda screwed and can't go shopping too much if you got a couple tickets on your record. That's why I said "Decent Companies."

Down here, I think they offer five lifetime Traffic Schools where they remove the ticket. There's other rules, too. Maybe no more than one a year -- Don't remember. But if they offer a traffic school where they REMOVE the ticket, you might want to consider that.
Unfortunately, Colorado only allows traffic school if you're about to lose your license - a spot I hope to never be in.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:27 PM
hdslam
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Griff08fxdc
Ok guys I'm not really complaining....I was speeding....It was a nice country road very light traffic....Everyone who rides know how easy it is to go 72....
I have not had a ticket in over 20 yrs....I'm behind in the technology they have now....
I'll go to court and plead No contest and ask that the fine be as low as possiable do to the fack my record is other wise perfect....
Of course I'll wear a long sleeve shirt to cover my sleeved out arms and leave my Cut at home....
And I'll probaly do the on line Traffic school....
Thanks on the up date on their new toys....
I admit I'm a very agressive rider and lucky that I have not had any tickets in the last 18 months....
When you go to court, don't mention your speed and incriminate yourself. Also, when and if the Officer shows up and give his side, make sure he presents his certificate of training for the radar (style) he was using, as well as the certificates of calibration for the radar itself and the tuning forks used to calibrate the instrument. If he is unable to present these items, the citation should be dismissed. Good luck.

Old 05-30-2010, 01:31 AM
TO34
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeault
When I was stationed at Pendleton, my buddy got a ticket on base. The MP was coming in the opposite direction and got him for 32 in a 25. When the argument ensued at the car that he didn't clock him, the MP told us that they do extensive speed detecting training in MOS school. Basically told us that his eyes and brain are as good as a radar gun.
We got deployed before his hearing at PMO, and it was forgotten, so we never found out if he was full of ****, or if they truly do believe a 19 year old kid can tell the difference between 25 and 32 mph while driving in the opposite direction.

I did a year of duty with the MA's (navy) & underwent that WOW schooling
its just a two hour class in how to use the damn radar gun. Was a complete joke & the easiest way to get out of a RADAR ticket. Ask them to write the calibration date for the gun. Most use a tuning fork placed infront of the gun. This shows that the gun is working correctly. Its to be Done at the start of each turn over.

Now I know this because the ticket went to traffic court (on base) and because the turn over wasn't done correctly the ticket was tossed out.

Not saying this will work for everything but when on a base something to think about.

Old 05-30-2010, 05:56 AM
MikeDCop
Tourer

Dose anyone no how the CHP can detect your speed when they are going one way and you another and we pass each other and they turn around and pull ya over and tell you your doing 72 in a 55....?

Short answer, yes

M opinon 72 is not speeding....

I see that you and the judges will have a difference of opinion. Wanna bet who's bank account is going to be lighter at the end of court.

He should of got me on those 45 curves I was doing 80 on....LOL

You'd better be happy he didn't. Many states now have "super speeder" laws.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:20 AM
Mr. Lucky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by judas666
If you do plan to go to court over this, plead no contest and ask the judge to withhold any points that would have been applied to your license. If he says no and you haven't already done so in the last twelve months, go to traffic school online and have them taken off that way.
Good advice, except it's 18 months in CA. If you decide to fight it, another option to nolo is filing a "trial by declaration."
http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/forms/fillable/tr205.pdf
http://www.ticketassasin.com/

Quick Reply: Speeding ticket