Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speeding ticket

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 02:57 PM
SaberWuf
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by judas666
Personally, I rarely write someone for anything less than 20 over and even then i knock it down to 9 over, but I'm a nice guy.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:31 PM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Whenever I hear about our local's Finest wanting a new gadget or a pay raise, or -- Whatever. I get extra cautious. I'm extra cautious near the end of the Month, too.

Sure speeding tickets are a must, otherwise we'd have blood running in the streets. But there's also the very real fact that -- It's a tax on getting there.

It's about m.o.n.e.y. an awful lot. The State of Kalifornia is so far in debt, they are so close to folding up, and speeding tickets bring in so much revenue -- Billions. Billions and Billions. And billions.

It's a tax. Pay it and move on.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:44 PM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by judas666
Highway Patrol regardless of which state your talking about has only one mission and that is writing tickets where local law enforcement actually responds to calls for service (fights, shootings, rapes, etc) not just traffic enforcement.
Very true, I only write a few tickets each month but I respond to multiple calls each day. Between calls and supervising a squad of officers ticket writing is pretty low on the priority list.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Big Green
Advanced

Originally Posted by Grendel4
Whenever I hear about our local's Finest wanting a new gadget or a pay raise, or -- Whatever. I get extra cautious. I'm extra cautious near the end of the Month, too.

Sure speeding tickets are a must, otherwise we'd have blood running in the streets. But there's also the very real fact that -- It's a tax on getting there.

It's about m.o.n.e.y. an awful lot. The State of Kalifornia is so far in debt, they are so close to folding up, and speeding tickets bring in so much revenue -- Billions. Billions and Billions. And billions.

It's a tax. Pay it and move on.
I would be a lot more ok with the 'tax' if it didn't get the insurance company theirs, too. Never had a problem with the ticket, I've deserved all but one, but the insurance I really don't like.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:26 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff08fxdc
M opinon 72 is not speeding....He should of got me on those 45 curves I was doing 80 on....LOL
I predict you will accumulate a lot of knowledge about tickets, court procedures, insurance impacts, and driving school if your state has a point system.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:01 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,808 Likes on 2,544 Posts

A beam of laser light, about the size of a pencil at 1,000 ft is the diameter of a pencil and traveling at 186,000 miles per second or just damn fast, hits you and returns and a chip in the gun computes it. Radar works of an effect could doppler effect. Notice how a train whistle changes coming towards you and changes as it passes you thats the doppler effect again using an electrical wave at damn fast speed. Hope I didn't confuse you.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:03 PM
883 IRON
Tourer

Correct, you can actually hear vehicles speed up and slow down through the doppler of the radar transmitting unit. Lets the officer know whether the speeder saw you or not.

Old 05-29-2010, 06:46 AM
bigmikaele
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

it is called a doppler effect. It is too lengthy to explain here, but if you look it up in wikipedia it will give you an idea. But if you don't want a ticket don't speed. If you decide to speed and you pass a LEO then expect to get a ticket.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:21 AM
mikeault
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was stationed at Pendleton, my buddy got a ticket on base. The MP was coming in the opposite direction and got him for 32 in a 25. When the argument ensued at the car that he didn't clock him, the MP told us that they do extensive speed detecting training in MOS school. Basically told us that his eyes and brain are as good as a radar gun.
We got deployed before his hearing at PMO, and it was forgotten, so we never found out if he was full of ****, or if they truly do believe a 19 year old kid can tell the difference between 25 and 32 mph while driving in the opposite direction.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:41 AM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Griff08fxdc
Dose anyone no how the CHP can detect your speed when they are going one way and you another and we pass each other and they turn around and pull ya over and tell you your doing 72 in a 55....?
M opinon 72 is not speeding....He should of got me on those 45 curves I was doing 80 on....LOL

uhh, im sorry, but yeah, you were speeding... unfortunately thats the problem, and we are our own disasters..

dont get me wrong, i ride at those speeds to, and if i happen to get stopped, and wrote.. well, not much im willing to say on that matter.

I accept the fact that im running that risk, even if 70 is a great cruising speed. fact of the matter, its a post 55 and ya blew it by almost 20 plus MPH..

Over here, the local Hwy guys will arrest a man for Reckless endangerment/ driving if they drive at those speeds and are also observed to be in violation of at least 2 other infractions.. ie ...unlicensed, blow a redlight, stop sign etc....

just pay the fine, and like some said, ask to go easy on the points.

Next time, go to a local LEO fund raiser and make nice with those guys... they ride too.

Sharing is caring, and friends are limitless. Ride up bro.

Quick Reply: Speeding ticket