Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Security System Has anyone else had this problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 11:50 AM
MCTV
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Security System Has anyone else had this problem

Has anyone else had this problem, When you park on a busy street and you go to start your bike and and because the security system has been set off, i'm assuming it's heavy trucks and traffic rolling by cause this happens everyday, it won't until it re-sets? Is there a way around this? Or do i have to enter the code so the bike will start.

Thanks,

G

Old 05-27-2010, 02:25 PM
Robottom
Road Master
Received 138 Likes on 58 Posts

I don't think your security system should be anywhere near sensitive enough to be set off by trucks rolling by, hope not anyway. Usually it takes some major movement, standing the bike up straight to set mine off.

Anyway, are you sure your fob battery is in good shape? Regardless if the system has been set off or not, as soon as it detects the fob it should reset all by itself.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:31 PM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Yuh. I've set mine off several times -- Letting people sit on it, accidentally brushing against it and/or moving it.

No problems. I've not heard of a security system that has to be reset just because it's been set off. I mean -- A factory one.

Whatever.

But I'm sure as heck no expert on them. Jes' sayin'.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:33 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Grendel4
Yuh. I've set mine off several times -- Letting people sit on it, accidentally brushing against it and/or moving it.

No problems. I've not heard of a security system that has to be reset just because it's been set off. I mean -- A factory one.

Whatever.

But I'm sure as heck no expert on them. Jes' sayin'.
+1. I often forget the fob when I go out to the garage to do something on the Electra Glide. Activates the security system but as soon as I go inside and get the fob all is fine. I'd check fob battery.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:35 PM
bakerm75
Road Captain

remember single click = on double click = off

I haven't had that issue with mine and its always turned off with the double click.

it should have to be moved or sat on to trigger.

plus it has to be turned on before it works. they don't engage on their own to my knowledge.
maybe the new ones do, but I doubt it.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bakerm75
remember single click = on double click = off

I haven't had that issue with mine and its always turned off with the double click.

it should have to be moved or sat on to trigger.

plus it has to be turned on before it works. they don't engage on their own to my knowledge.
maybe the new ones do, but I doubt it.
What 'clicks'? I don't have no clicks. At least I don't think so. Lemme go check.................

Nope.

I got ripped off.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:02 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

When you turn the key on, it should search and find the FOB and disarm to start for you...it was windy here one night and it was triggering the alarm on my bike..really just flashing the signal lights, had to pull it in since i was afraid it would run the battery down or sumptin.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:05 PM
HDTech74
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

new security isn't push button style anymore. last year for that was 2006 I believe.
the FOB batterys are very sensitive.
Test them with a volt meter. they are normally 3 volts
any voltage below that it's garbage even a battery of 2.9vdc is junk.
New hands free, you don't have to set it. as long as you have the fob with you and walk away, the t/s will flash twice indicating the system is armed.
it cuts ignition and fuel pump.
as soon as you turn ignition and run switch on and you have the fob with you, the antenna will pick up the signal and disarm the system and you should see the little red key icon go off.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:17 PM
kooziesonline
Stage I

Originally Posted by MCTV
Has anyone else had this problem, When you park on a busy street and you go to start your bike and and because the security system has been set off, i'm assuming it's heavy trucks and traffic rolling by cause this happens everyday, it won't until it re-sets? Is there a way around this? Or do i have to enter the code so the bike will start.

Thanks,

G
yes, I will do as you said. Highly Recommended!

Old 05-28-2010, 10:12 AM
MCTV
Advanced

I always have the fob with me and it only happens at work i walk out, put the key, turn it on on and the lights flash and the bike won't start. The fob is a couple of years old, but when i park at home or anywhere else, no problems.