Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody Used These?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 09:43 AM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Anybody Used These?

Kury Part #4515......... 1-1/4" offset

What I'm looking to do is put them on my Highway Mounts that look this --

CUSTOM CHROME - 25256

I want to substitute the square/straight connectors for the Kury ones. Because I'm only 5'9" tall. Well, maybe 5'8" now. I think I've shrunk with age. So my short little legs can reach the highway pegs. Can barely get them to rest on the pegs now. Uncomfortably.

But here's what concerns me -- Look at the Kury part again -- The plates on the Custom Chrome part are about 1/4" thick where the bolt goes thru. And the male bolt (stud) on the Kury part looks like it's only about a 1/2" -- If that. So if you put it through the 1/4" plate, attach a washer (star washer, lock washer -- Whatever) there's not gonna be any threads left to put a nut on!!

I've E-Mailed Kury, no response. I tried to call, they're not really sure how long the stud is. I don't blame them. They can't have 5,000 parts on their desks to measure every little piece. And the specs don't say.

My concern is that the part was made for frame/engine guard clamps, not thick plates. And, therefore, the stud isn't really that long.

If anybody has ever used them, I'd appreciate an estimate of about how long the studs are. Or, if anybody has another suggestion, I'd be up for that.

Short jokes will get your name pulled from my Christmas card list.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:56 AM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default bolthole

[quote=Grendel4;6759365]...The plates on the Custom Chrome part are about 1/4" thick where the bolt goes thru. And the male bolt (stud) on the Kury part looks like it's only about a 1/2" -- If that. So if you put it through the 1/4" plate, attach a washer (star washer, lock washer -- Whatever) there's not gonna be any threads left to put a nut on!!...
quote]

It appears that the Kury's use a bolt in a tapped hole, rather than a stud. Should be no problem.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

[quote=lo-rider;6759418]
Originally Posted by Grendel4
...The plates on the Custom Chrome part are about 1/4" thick where the bolt goes thru. And the male bolt (stud) on the Kury part looks like it's only about a 1/2" -- If that. So if you put it through the 1/4" plate, attach a washer (star washer, lock washer -- Whatever) there's not gonna be any threads left to put a nut on!!...
quote]

It appears that the Kury's use a bolt in a tapped hole, rather than a stud. Should be no problem.
It appears that you are correct.

I'm a little embarrassed.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:50 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad this got resolved in short order.