Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who makes the best tuners??

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 12:17 AM
t37
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who makes the best tuners??

I got the Cobra FI2000 because my dealer said it was the only tuner he would put on my bike, and not void my warrenty. The problem is it never really did anything for the bike. It was a complete waste of 200 something bucks, Looking for some input what do you guys think is the best tuner and how much does it run?

Old 05-22-2010, 01:11 AM
Rustyrider
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

From what I read here; The Power Commander V is the ticket and if you get it from Fuel Moto they set the map and send it to you for plug and play....

Old 05-22-2010, 04:59 AM
==ShaDoW==
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TTS hands down

Old 05-22-2010, 05:13 AM
stovetop0844
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like my dobeck performance TFI. as you can see, ask three different people and get three different answers. to each his own. You get a PCV and you're guaranteed to be good to go, though.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:40 AM
Peter Black
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by t37
I got the Cobra FI2000 because my dealer said it was the only tuner he would put on my bike, and not void my warrenty. The problem is it never really did anything for the bike. It was a complete waste of 200 something bucks, Looking for some input what do you guys think is the best tuner and how much does it run?
your dealer is full of **** and wants to sell you what he stocks; i have the tts on my street bob

Old 05-22-2010, 05:52 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Ditto on the Dobeck TFI...installed on my 09 FLHX in 1-hour & tunes like a carb (4-pot settings). If your military or public safety (police/fire) they have an awesome discount (mine was $150 + shipping). Saves from having to tune w/every performance upgrade - pays for itself after ~3-mods.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:52 AM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

There are dozens.
TTS Master tune
SEST (screamin eagle super tuner)
Power commander
Fuel PAck (From Vance and Hines)
ThunderMax auto tune , from Zippers (what I have)

Do a search here on the forum . You'll need a day , at least . To read it all .

Old 05-22-2010, 06:58 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,528 Likes on 22,675 Posts

Originally Posted by Rustyrider
From what I read here; The Power Commander V is the ticket and if you get it from Fuel Moto they set the map and send it to you for plug and play....
Yep, that's what I like about it and the simpler the better. Not only that but no one has to "tune" your bike for you as it runs fantastic out of the box and you don't have to monkey around with a computer on your bike.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:02 AM
1320go
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by t37
Sounds like your dealer just wanted to sell what he had on the shelf.As for voiding your warranty that is up to the MoCo.not the dealer.there are laws to protect you when you buy something with a warranty.The dealer is the last person on earth to tell you the truth.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:17 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are a lot of products that will liven up the bike, and just about any name brand works well enough. If you want nothing about the best results on the street, you can read through the discussions on the EFI forums and over on tech talk and some of the more technical forums, but to save you time just get the TTS tuning kit, or have a competent pro tune the bike.

The following kinda hits the nail on the head and is the consensus of both hobbyists and those that tune for a living. The best tune is only done by a competent tuner, but the best results for the DYI tuner comes from using the TTS kit. The PCV with the right maps is a very good product, and quick and simple for tuners to dial in so you may end up spending a bit less cash initially. But its not quite as effective for the street as MAPing the ECU (even in the hands of the average Joe DIYer) and if only the best will do for you...

“I use all the tuning products you mentioned. PCIII/V/SESPT/TMax/TTS Mastertune. If your local Tuner says he "cant" tune with TTS but can tune with SESPT or the PCV, find another tuner. If you are competent in SEPST or old style SERT and claim you "cant" tune a TTS, the fact is this individual is probably not competent in any of the tuning products. Any Tuner in this industry worth his salt knows about TTS Mastertune. And, at least amongst tuners who keep themselves up to date and educated about the latest products, there is no debate about the best product and support. TTS wins hands down. SESPT is still suffering from stability issues and "smart tune" does not work as advertised. The PCV may make sense for pre 2005 bikes or for those DYI that don't have a clue about connecting or running applications on a laptop. The PCV as well as the auto-tune variants don't quite give you as good street tune results as the TTS kit, but if all you want to do is ride with a smile the differences probably don't matter.” With the cost of the TTS kit around $400, there is little debate about value.

Last edited by ColdCase; 05-22-2010 at 10:28 AM.

Quick Reply: who makes the best tuners??