Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who makes the best tuners??

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010 | 10:25 AM
t37
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ColdCase
There are a lot of products that will liven up the bike, and just about any name brand works well enough. If you want nothing about the best, you can read through the discussions on the EFI forums and over on tech talk and some of the more technical forums, but to save you time just get the TTS tuning kit, or have a competent pro tune the bike. The following kinda hits the nail on the head and is the consensus of both hobbyists and those that tune for a living. The best tune is only done by a competent tuner, but the best results for the DYI tuner comes from using the TTS kit. The PCV with the right maps is a very good product, and quick and simple for tuners to dial in so you may end up spending a bit less cash initially. But its not quite as effective for the street as MAPing the ECU and if only the best will do for you...

“I use all the tuning products you mentioned. PCIII/V/SESPT/TMax/TTS Mastertune. If your local Tuner says he "cant" tune with TTS but can tune with SESPT or the PCV. find another tuner. If you are competent in SEPST or old style SERT and claim you "cant" tune a TTS, the fact is this individual is probably not competent in any of the tuning products. Any Tuner in this industry worth his salt knows about TTS Mastertune. And, at least amongst tuners who keep themselves up to date and educated about the latest products, there is no debate about the best product and support. TTS wins hands down. SESPT is still suffering from stability issues and "smart tune" does not work as advertised. The PCV may make sense for pre 2005 bikes or for those DYI that don't have a clue about connecting or running applications on a laptop. It as well as the auto-tune variants don't quite give you as good results as the TTS kit” With the cost of the TTS kit around $400, there is little debate about value.
Thank You!

Old 05-23-2010 | 08:19 AM
Havoc7
Intermediate

I have been real happy with the ThunderMaxx with autotuner. My dealer installed it. Bike runs great!

Old 05-23-2010 | 10:46 PM
kcblaze
Cruiser

I think it's all a matter of personal liking and making sure whoever builds the map/tunes it knows what they are doing. As Jaysonl says there is a days research and in the end you have to make the decision as it's your cash.
I can't speak for the others but I like the PCV on my 07 Street Bob and the guys at Fuel Moto did a great job setting it up. I also liked it as I can have two different maps preloaded and with a simple on/off switch change between them. Map 1 daily driver runs fine, normal MPG, map 2 performance for when I want to go play.