Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on V&H Big Shots staggered..?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 07:37 PM
Gladiator72
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on V&H Big Shots staggered..?

I picked up a set of big shots the other day from a friend of mine, in great shape.. He needed a fender for his back and I happened to have one laying around.. so we traded even up.. the color matched his bike to a tee.. Anyhow I was wonderiing if anyone has run these and what do they think as far as sound and performance compared to the short shots or the Big radius.. And if you have run them did you all like them or not? Thanks all and take care..

Old 05-21-2010, 07:57 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 349 Likes on 242 Posts

I have them on my 10 FXDC with SE air kit and SEST. I have never ran them with the stock V&H baffles. I had the quiet baffles installed before the pipes was on my bike, so I don't have any idea how loud the pipes would be with the stock V&H baffles. I can tell you the quiet baffles are not that quiet, sounds pretty loud to me. As for performance, my bike seems to run good. This last weekend I had one of the most experienced Harley riders in my group take it out for a hard run and he came back very impressed with the acceleration of my new bike, he said it's one of the fastest stage-1 stock motor Harley's he has ran in a long time. This guy don't fool around trying to say something nice, he just tells it like it is, that's why I wanted him to run it.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Foodog
Elite HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts

I had a stage one upgrade with Scremin Eagle slip on and AC. Put on Big Shot Staggered pipes and a PC-V and noticed a big improvement in acceleration and low end torque. Don't know what it looks like on a dyno but seat of the pants noticed the change. They are kind of loud but not obnoxious till you crack the throttle hard. They are a bit raspy and I kind of wish I would have installed the quiet baffles to take the edge off. I will probably install the baffles sometime this summer but it's kind of a pain to do so I'm told. Bottom line....... I like them.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:02 PM
bigVtwin88
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

They will def be an improvement over the shorties performance wise. You'll notice a much deeper note from them, too. I run the Big City Thunder Monster baffles in mine and the sound is perfect for me. Then again, you almost can't make pipes loud enough to suit my taste, haha. NOTE: Red Loctite the end caps! I lost one on a poker run and just happen to find a guy here on the forums who had a spare set. From V&H they are not cheap!

Old 05-22-2010, 03:52 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

They're pretty loud but you can always go with the quiet baffles. Plus 1 on using loktite on the ends. I wouldn't use red tho.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:21 PM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My brothers Fatboy has one and it sounds pretty good and runs well. I had the Sideshots and put in the BCT QQ baffles and I felt a nice gain with them, the sound was great and it ran well but I ended up going with the Supermeg to quiet things down a little more and a power boost. A 2-1 is a better system but the Big Shots have the powerchamber and it's the next best thing. You'll be very happy with them.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:33 PM
rjohn61987
Intermediate

I went from stock to Big Shots Staggered on my '06 WG. They proved to be louder than I liked so I went with the SuperTrapp Megs. Didn't like the sound there either, so I went back to the BSS with quiet baffles and am now pleased with the sound. Still loud but with a lower note. I had a Dyno tune with both and got the same HP but higher torque with the megs (3 ft lbs).

Old 05-22-2010, 08:38 PM
baldu
Advanced

I put them on my Fat Bob a couple weeks ago. I didn't want to go too loud so I installed the quiet baffles. Still a bit too loud for me. Not by much, but still. I ended up adding Smart Partz Hard Kore baffles to the standard ones and I think it's about right now.

I also did the Stage 1 air cleaner from Fuel Moto and a PCV. Honestly, I can't tell much difference, power wise. It looks better and sounds a whole heck of a lot better, but feels close to the same.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm running them on my 2010 WG, with the straight end caps and standard baffles. I think they look and sound awesome!

Old 05-22-2010, 09:41 PM
Topspin
Road Warrior

I ride my Dyna 5 times to 1 over my FatBoy mostly due to the sound and performance of my BSS with QBs.

Quick Reply: Opinions on V&H Big Shots staggered..?