Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on V&H Big Shots staggered..?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 10:53 AM
bigVtwin88
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, yeah, the red loctite may be overkill but it's what I had in the shop at the time. I got my pipes second hand also. I only paid $300 for em and the only blemish is the front heat shield has a spot where the chrome is peeled. That might be a winter project coming up... thinking of powdercoating them black. Happy baffle swapping!

Old 05-23-2010, 01:39 PM
Gladiator72
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bigVtwin88
They will def be an improvement over the shorties performance wise. You'll notice a much deeper note from them, too. I run the Big City Thunder Monster baffles in mine and the sound is perfect for me. Then again, you almost can't make pipes loud enough to suit my taste, haha. NOTE: Red Loctite the end caps! I lost one on a poker run and just happen to find a guy here on the forums who had a spare set. From V&H they are not cheap!

Guys thank you all, great reviews and responses, I was thinking about the BCT also... I want loud and proud... Lol... Can you all suggest which one or does anyone have a set they want to part with... Once again thank you for the help

Old 05-23-2010, 10:36 PM
kcblaze
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have them on my 07 Street Bob with Fuel Moto Stage 1 intake and PCV, love the sound and runs great!

Old 05-24-2010, 12:27 PM
rlhdude
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like mine as well. Went from stock to stage 1 intake, PC-V and Big Shots. Nice power increase and the sound is great! I have the quiet baffles installed.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:52 PM
Gladiator72
Tourer

Originally Posted by bigVtwin88
They will def be an improvement over the shorties performance wise. You'll notice a much deeper note from them, too. I run the Big City Thunder Monster baffles in mine and the sound is perfect for me. Then again, you almost can't make pipes loud enough to suit my taste, haha. NOTE: Red Loctite the end caps! I lost one on a poker run and just happen to find a guy here on the forums who had a spare set. From V&H they are not cheap!
I am currently running the V&H short shots, they are a little raspy and brat, brat, but I love the sound. For me the louder the better..Its a bit of a rush..lol.. I did lose gas mileage significantlly, and low end torque did suffer a bit, especially around 2nd..odd?.. I know with the power chamber on the BSS I will get some of both back... My question is will they be the same DB.. I would like to get the performance back.. but I dont want to end up with the sound of my old SE2.. Thanks again

Old 05-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you will find them plenty loud with the standard baffles.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Gladiator72
Tourer

Originally Posted by Zig Zag 2010
I think you will find them plenty loud with the standard baffles.
Well the pipes are going on tonight and I am riding it tommorow. I will get back to you all and let you know how it went, Thank you everyone with your help.. God bless and ride safe..

Old 05-24-2010, 05:56 PM
JoelVitt
Stage II

I'm a sportbike guy/racer who stopped by a Harley shop Saturday and fell in-love with the street bob. I'm certain she's gonna be in my garage very soon. Big Shots were already at the top of my list before I joined this site and saw this post, but this sure helped. Thanks! Besides that, air filter and some sort of power commander or something is in order I imagine. Can anyone give me some help there? I'm wearin my google out today...lol

Old 05-24-2010, 06:15 PM
Gladiator72
Tourer

Originally Posted by Gladiator72
Well the pipes are going on tonight and I am riding it tommorow. I will get back to you all and let you know how it went, Thank you everyone with your help.. God bless and ride safe..
Crap, I get the box open on the BSS and the mounting bracket is there but none of the washers, bolts... etc.. plus my buddy said there was a couple of scratches on the front heat shield along the bottom at the tip and along the right side.. there gouges.. but I can live with them for now.. not real bad, but a little unsightly..said he forgot.. oh well lesson learned.. So I called V&H ordered the hardware.. not bad 10.09 for all the bolts and etc.. asked about a new heat shield for the front.. the guy said 168.00 ,.......WTF.... I fell out of my chair..lol ..So now I have to wait for the hardware to come in.. not the end of the world.. If anyone has a front heat shield for the BSS.. please let me know and what the cost would be.. I dont want to have to be violated by V&H.. Thanks again

Old 05-24-2010, 06:41 PM
RonRock
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Could you go to a hardware store and buy some bolts? Would save some time. Only thing I can think of that you would need from V&H is the small spacer that goes between the bracket and the engine. My new pipes was missing it and I ran them until they sent me one.

Quick Reply: Opinions on V&H Big Shots staggered..?