Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post your Dynas with T-bars!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 11:04 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,605 Likes on 845 Posts

Originally Posted by Phillymiked
All I'm saying is that these guys put out a lot of money and labor into their bikes for some guy to come on here and talk smack on their bikes. If I was at a bar and some guy called me an soa poser, I would hook him up with a fat lip. And I don't have tbars, but I do like the look
Phillymiked: Don't worry about hd4evr2008 and his attitude about T-bars. The guy is pretty obsessed about it, and can't seem to let it go. He started a thread about it last May here in the Dyna section, how "they look stupid, no one who actually rides seriously could have them on his bike, my buddies and I would laugh you off the road if you had those, I don't care if they're comfortable, they're stupid and comical, I can't believe anyone thinks they LOOK GOOD," etc. etc.

People replied with reasonable responses about why they liked them, and he just poured more of it on along with his justifications about how long he has been riding (implying that he's some sort of expert on what is acceptable I suppose) and how people who have T-bars are just copycats and the like.

Ten months later he started another post in the General forums section about "T-bars: I HATE them, I think they look ridiculous, etc." I guess the first time around wasn't enough, so he had to start another thread about the subject. There were more reasonable responses to this new thread, but he wasn't having any of it. I had some deja vu after this second thread so I looked into my history and found the original thread.

Who knows, maybe he's started more than those two threads? I have no idea, but I did respond to the first one, and then the second before I realized it was more of the same from the same guy.

Now here we have a thread about T-bars started by someone who likes T-bars, just ordered some, is excited about it,and wants pics of them. hd4evr2008 then posts his negative opinion and then trots out his years of motorcycling opinion to rationalize his opinion, and to say that people who like this style are only imitating some TV show, rather than the chance that people might actually like the way those handlebars work for them. Some people feel the need to rain on the parades of people who enjoy things in a different manner than themselves I guess.

You'll run across people like this on the internet. Just ignore them, it's meaningless that they don't agree with you.

Last edited by Crazy; 04-07-2014 at 11:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-08-2014, 12:01 AM
TRIED N TRUE
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default o5 Fxdc

Here's mine. 11" rise and brooms. And this dude can spin off and kick rocks with his f***in opinion. Wahh, I dont like tbars wahh they look stupid wahh.. Get a life dude.

Attached Thumbnails Post your Dynas with T-bars!!-bike4.jpg   Post your Dynas with T-bars!!-bike5.jpg  
Old 04-08-2014, 12:09 AM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by hd4evr2008
I have a black dyna! Been riding over 45 years and raced flat track for a long time. I just don't get guys who obviously pattern their bikes after some TV show. I have every right to voice my opinion, just as you have every right to post yours. T bars with quarter fairings are, IMHO, SOA poser bikes. And, they look stupid besides. BTW, I'm retired, so I don't talk to anybody at the office. Calm down, Skippy, you'll live longer.
Lol what a tool. Find something productive to do nobody wants your humble opinion

Old 04-08-2014, 12:16 AM
slvrbck33
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That hd4 whatever is likely the type of rider that causes me to go hit the twisties during the week. I seriously hate those slow *** weekend 'I've been riding for eons' type guys who country road ride and get in my way.

Old 04-08-2014, 04:40 AM
NHMJONES
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Crazy
Phillymiked: Don't worry about hd4evr2008 and his attitude about T-bars. The guy is pretty obsessed about it, and can't seem to let it go. He started a thread about it last May here in the Dyna section, how "they look stupid, no one who actually rides seriously could have them on his bike, my buddies and I would laugh you off the road if you had those, I don't care if they're comfortable, they're stupid and comical, I can't believe anyone thinks they LOOK GOOD," etc. etc.

People replied with reasonable responses about why they liked them, and he just poured more of it on along with his justifications about how long he has been riding (implying that he's some sort of expert on what is acceptable I suppose) and how people who have T-bars are just copycats and the like.

Ten months later he started another post in the General forums section about "T-bars: I HATE them, I think they look ridiculous, etc." I guess the first time around wasn't enough, so he had to start another thread about the subject. There were more reasonable responses to this new thread, but he wasn't having any of it. I had some deja vu after this second thread so I looked into my history and found the original thread.

Who knows, maybe he's started more than those two threads? I have no idea, but I did respond to the first one, and then the second before I realized it was more of the same from the same guy.

Now here we have a thread about T-bars started by someone who likes T-bars, just ordered some, is excited about it,and wants pics of them. hd4evr2008 then posts his negative opinion and then trots out his years of motorcycling opinion to rationalize his opinion, and to say that people who like this style are only imitating some TV show, rather than the chance that people might actually like the way those handlebars work for them. Some people feel the need to rain on the parades of people who enjoy things in a different manner than themselves I guess.

You'll run across people like this on the internet. Just ignore them, it's meaningless that they don't agree with you.
I was going to ask this db if he ever rode around his "flat trac" w 18" apes but I didn't want to spoil hes wet dream.

these are the same people who pull over and call the local 5-0's when we do wheelies and burnouts...

wait til the ol karma stick slaps him in the face one day... ride safe boys

Old 04-08-2014, 05:40 AM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,904 Likes on 861 Posts

.............I realize I must have come across as a jerk. I apologize. Who am I to judge anyone's likes or dislikes. I guess I don't come across very well on the internet. Your bike, do what you want to it. I'd sit down with any of you and buy you a beer. Sometimes this ole guy just puts his foot in his mouth. Sorry. Truly.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:21 AM
NHMJONES
Cruiser

Originally Posted by hd4evr2008
.............I realize I must have come across as a jerk. I apologize. Who am I to judge anyone's likes or dislikes. I guess I don't come across very well on the internet. Your bike, do what you want to it. I'd sit down with any of you and buy you a beer. Sometimes this ole guy just puts his foot in his mouth. Sorry. Truly.
****... im a sucker for a good deal, that's buy one get one! ill get the next round dude.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:32 AM
666streetbob
Cruiser

T bars are amazing. Comfortable as hell.

Attached Thumbnails Post your Dynas with T-bars!!-image-2356761125.jpg   Post your Dynas with T-bars!!-image-67890730.jpg  
Old 04-08-2014, 09:49 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Death Squad

Posting a little love for Death Squad T-bars. Mine are 12" and the quality is outstanding. At 27" wide, they are great for splitting lanes.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:00 AM
666streetbob
Cruiser

LOVE Death Squad

Originally Posted by SquidHead
Posting a little love for Death Squad T-bars. Mine are 12" and the quality is outstanding. At 27" wide, they are great for splitting lanes.

http://youtu.be/jyc-CnGOufk

Quick Reply: Post your Dynas with T-bars!!