Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't Believe I Did It!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010 | 11:58 PM
dFREDb
|
Club Member
Default Can't Believe I Did It!

First it was the windshield (I ain't never puttin' one of those on my bike!) Then it was the saddlebags (again, never gonna do it!) now I went ahead and dropped the coin for a crash bar/engine guard. Am I ready for the retirement home yet? Startin to see a few gray hairs. All kidding aside, I think the damn thing actually looks good. I can't seem to resist anything chrome to add to my bike. What will it be next? Someone hide my wallet please

Old 05-21-2010 | 12:16 AM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member

Bike looks good.

I traded my RK for a 10 Streetbob and not having a windshield and saddlebags has taken some getting used to, I sometimes miss the comfort and convenience.

I'm going with a sissybar for my t-bag and maybe a quick detatch windshield for long rides, but like you I'm fighting it since I like the stripped down look.

AGE and time will tell.

Old 05-21-2010 | 12:28 AM
Bear_925
Tourer

Today I sat my windshield on the shelf in the garage and took a ride, then when I was on the freeway behind a pg&e truck with tiny rocks and sh*t hitting my face and getting blown around at about 70mph, I remembered why i bought one, funny, I used to ride a RK as well, don't have bags again yet but im sure Ill get those again soon enough.

Old 05-21-2010 | 01:29 AM
BETTY-BOB
Road Captain

RIDE LOOKS GREAT! You're gonna love the engine guards, put you some pegs on 'em & roll! Plus in a low speed crash, besides reducing bike damage, they will keep you from crushing your leg if you have to lay it down...Best money I've spent year to date!

Old 05-21-2010 | 08:35 AM
panic_fan
Tourer

Originally Posted by dFREDb
Am I ready for the retirement home yet?...What will it be next? Someone hide my wallet please
Sorry to be the one to tell you this Fred, but based on the trajectory you're on, you should start looking at trikes. But look on the bright side, you can cruise around that retirement home selling ice-cream out of the trunk.

Just kidding man, your bike looks great. Balanced and well set up for comfortable riding. You can definitely carry more beer than I can and you'll get where you're going without taking any bug-bullets in the forehead. I get pretty envious of windshields and saddle bags and extra foot pegs and stuff after a long ride and my buddies with all that stuff hop off ready to go and all I wanna do is shower and take a nap.

Old 05-21-2010 | 08:41 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

I think the additions to your bike are great. The color flows with the mods and chrome, and if your more comfortable and enjoy it, then you do what ya gotta do.

Old 05-21-2010 | 08:41 AM
Topspin
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dFREDb
What will it be next? Someone hide my wallet please
I was gonna say fingerless gloves but I see you already gottem.

Kidding aside... bike looks good.

Old 05-21-2010 | 10:10 AM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Topspin
I was gonna say fingerless gloves but I see you already gottem.

Kidding aside... bike looks good.
He could buy a parrot to complete the pirate ensemble...... too bad they don't come in chrome.........

Old 05-21-2010 | 12:32 PM
TO34
Road Warrior
Default Same as you...

I bought my SG because it fit me better then the sport bikes. After a few highway rides the QD windshield. Then starting using the bike for around town & work so then came the bags with the edge brackets. ( because Ill take them off when I dont need them, which I have yet to do) .. Now I have a crash bar on order. & thinking the passing lamps. Going to look like a lil-RK as my buddy says.
Fine for me... still will handle better then a RK.

& oh yes it already had a nice 2 up seat & mid sissy bar ..

Old 05-21-2010 | 01:07 PM
ehc0720
Tourer

Betty-Bob; what highway/crash bar is that you have?

Quick Reply: Can't Believe I Did It!