Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Street Bob Handlebar Height

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 09:34 AM
bzzrd2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Street Bob Handlebar Height

Does anyone have a stock Street Bob that can do a handlebar measurement for for me? We are getting some grief in our area of Canada over bar height and I'm just trying to educate our group and some cops on what is right and wrong. After I posted the correct way to measure bar height (according to Ontario Canada Law) people came back saying Street Bobs would not pass. I have a hard time believing the MoCo could market a bike that did not meet a provincial safety standard. Anyway, if someone would coupld post a measurement for me it would be much appreciated.

Our act states:

No part of the handlebar shall exceed a height of 15 inches above the uppermost portion of the operator’s seat when the seat is depressed by the weight of the operator.

So you measure from the front tip of the seat to the uppermost part of the bar.

Attached Thumbnails Stock Street Bob Handlebar Height-apes_2.jpg  
Old 05-19-2010, 09:42 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I would say depending on how far forward you have them pushed it could either pass or fail. My T-Bars sit 11 inchs above the front of the seat.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Hickey
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm from ontario myself, I dont recall the measurement with my stock apes, but I do remember a dealership telling me that even the stock bars are above the limit, when I was considering bigger apes.

I ended up going with 14's and 2 inch risers, never get pulled over for just the bars, but the usually just give me a verbal warning.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:46 AM
ponch3640
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

10 and a half inches is what i got

Old 05-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ponch3640
That is correct for the FXDB OEM bars.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:45 PM
07BlueScoot
Cruiser

I just happen to have what your're lookin for. Stock mini apes from my 07 sb, hard to see the ruler but i set the bars on my bench and measured the end rise, see for yourself. Oops....dont have the measurement from the seat sorry.

Attached Thumbnails Stock Street Bob Handlebar Height-100_0962.jpg   Stock Street Bob Handlebar Height-100_0960.jpg  

Last edited by 07BlueScoot; 05-19-2010 at 12:56 PM. Reason: reanswer
Old 05-19-2010, 12:45 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ponch3640
I believe that is just the rise of the bars themselves from the base at the riser to the upper turn out ... I don't believe that figure takes into account the fact that the front of the seat is below the riser (according to the attached diagram) ....

R/
'Chop

Old 05-19-2010, 01:48 PM
bzzrd2
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
I believe that is just the rise of the bars themselves from the base at the riser to the upper turn out ... I don't believe that figure takes into account the fact that the front of the seat is below the riser (according to the attached diagram) ....

R/
'Chop
You're correct. That just sounds like the height of the bars from base to turn out. I need someone to take a level from the turnout on the bars and measure up from the font tip of an OEM seat as per the diagram attached.

Attached Thumbnails Stock Street Bob Handlebar Height-apes_2.jpg  
Old 05-19-2010, 01:56 PM
bzzrd2
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Hickey
I'm from ontario myself, I dont recall the measurement with my stock apes, but I do remember a dealership telling me that even the stock bars are above the limit, when I was considering bigger apes.

I ended up going with 14's and 2 inch risers, never get pulled over for just the bars, but the usually just give me a verbal warning.
We have been getting away with them in our area as well Hickey. Now it sucks. OPP are dishing out $110.00 fines on the spot for high apes. I got stopped for helmet and pipes on the weekend. Was OK there, my Vance and Hines Big Raduius pipes had the baffles in if you can call them that but they were fine with them. My helmet passed the inspection as well! My mini apes are on risers but I'm a tall guy so I sat up real straight and they didn't even question them. Didn't go so well for 2 of my friends. There's were really high and they were fined on the spot. Being a small town they are going to have to change bars as the same OPP patrol on a regular basis here.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:52 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by 07BlueScoot
I just happen to have what your're lookin for. Stock mini apes from my 07 sb, hard to see the ruler but i set the bars on my bench and measured the end rise, see for yourself. Oops....dont have the measurement from the seat sorry.
Since you have those stock bars off your bike, if you're interesting in getting rid of them, I am looking for a set.

Attached Thumbnails Stock Street Bob Handlebar Height-100_0472.jpg  

Quick Reply: Stock Street Bob Handlebar Height