Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King Duals on a Low Rider??

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011 | 07:58 PM
AFMM3
Road Warrior

Are we agreed that the best starting point is 2009 and newer touring exhaust? I have got to have this!

Old 03-21-2011 | 08:35 PM
zjones
Cruiser

subscribed

Old 03-27-2011 | 04:04 PM
AFMM3
Road Warrior

Just bought a set of headpipes and crossover. This guy has 7 more sets of 09 touring exhaust for $40 and $14.25 shipping. Good experiment cost.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HARLE...item3cb676480b

Old 03-27-2011 | 08:58 PM
DirtbagPW
Intermediate

Blue Angel- You've got to keep us updated on this brother man. Looking forward to seeing/reading about the progress.

Dincote/Hoodlum- Can you guys give a bit more detail on yours? Dincote's pics say Heritage exhaust? What did you use Hoodlum. Obviously this is a topic we're all interested in.

Old 03-28-2011 | 05:41 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

I am working it, the guy I am dealing with is trying to get what he can done. He works for a "big named" company, so he has to do it on the side after hours and when they have a Dyna in the shop. Hopefully I should hear something this week. If it's good news, I will have to put the $$ together to get all the parts I need and the mods to the parts. I am hoping to get this good news and have this up and running by early summer!

Old 03-28-2011 | 08:00 AM
dincote
Cruiser

the mech is telling me, he will have my scooter ready mon or tues., i will take more pics and put more info then.

Old 03-28-2011 | 01:14 PM
husky
Banned

Looks great!

Old 03-28-2011 | 04:08 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

Ok, so I got some bad news today and I am back to the drawing board!
I contacted Bassani Exhaust and ask them to look into wether or not I would have fitment issues installing the "Hutch" true-dual system they sell. The rep there had his guys do a fit test and it seems that the "only" issue I would have with the fit is the front pipes bend when it comes off the cylinder, it would hit the frame. But, he didn't see were I would have any other issues as far as clearance. So here is my next plan, I think I am going to go by the local muffler shop and see if they can't work with me chopping and welding some pipe together. I even though about going by the local tech school and letting them have a go at it, I know the instructor of the weld shop. I think I am going to use the same path as the "hutch" system as my guide. After I get the exhaust built, then I will have the heat shield built and have them powdered in black along with the after market muffler tips.

Anyway, I will keep you all updated with the progress. How knows, maybe I will design a one off setup that can mount to a stock Dyna, then patent it and sell it to the highest bidder! (after the patent and before the selling, I will let you all in on the secrets, lol)

Old 03-28-2011 | 05:14 PM
HoodlumCanal
Novice

Dirtbag: Chop, bend, weld. All done in a garage. Stock header pipes and went from there. 13 bends total I think. Looking forward to see what everyone comes up with.

Old 03-28-2011 | 05:35 PM
DirtbagPW
Intermediate

Right on right on, It sounds like I may have to go over to the local chop shop and see if I can't get my hand in this race. I'd really love to be sporting some duals for the runs this summer.

Quick Reply: Road King Duals on a Low Rider??