Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King Duals on a Low Rider??

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011 | 08:42 PM
nutter
Cruiser

come on rayray! i have an 2001 lowrider...i NEED pics!

Old 03-21-2011 | 08:07 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

I have been looking into doing this ever since I got my Street Bob a year ago. I have spoke with reps at both Samson and V&H and both have confirmed that the cross-over pipe used to do the True-Dual on the softies won't clear through the same location on the Dyna as the do on the softy. However, I have been in contact with another company and bout doing some possible fitment testing for me and the are more then happy to work with me. When I get a possitive answer back from them I will post some info, I don't want to give anyones hopes up. I am very determained to make this happen while maintaining the llook that the exhaust where designed for the Dyna and not modified to fit the Dyna.

As far a clearence issues go, my bike is lowered and angled to the back. So long pipes might be a no, no. But, I think if I can get this done, I will be using some kick-up ends. But, first I need to get the pipes to work first!

Old 03-21-2011 | 08:36 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

Looking forward to hearing and seeing your reports blueangel ... also, I am beginning to suspect that rayray was a troll ....

Old 03-21-2011 | 08:43 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

I'm in.......

Old 03-21-2011 | 08:57 AM
Smitty79
Road Master

I think it would look cool, I hope you can make it work. Rayray I hate to get on your case, but man you gotta post some pics!!! You can't tease us like that and not produce the goods... Same thing I say to my wife all the time...

Old 03-21-2011 | 08:58 AM
dincote
Cruiser

ok not finish yet, but here it is, 2003 dyna under frame dual fishtails.

Attached Thumbnails Road King Duals on a Low Rider??-photo120.jpg   Road King Duals on a Low Rider??-photo121.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Paty2009@ (02-04-2023)
Old 03-21-2011 | 10:20 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

Hey dincote - those are take-off's from an '09-later Touring bike with fishtail extensions ...?

One thing I learned when I started using Touring headpipes ... the geometry of the motor mounts in the Touring and Dyna frames is different ... the Dyna motor is rotated slightly toward the rear of the bike; whereas, the Touring motor is rotated slightly forward ....

You can see it in your pics ... which is why the ends of your pipes are angling down toward the ends ....

I had to have a friend at the muffler shop put another few degrees ('guess-timating' about 5 degrees) at the bend of the forward head pipe to bring up the rear ... had to cut a little off/shorten the rear head pipe where it inserted into the 'Y' ....

I am not sure how that would work with the under frame pipes ... but suggest you try somehow to level them up some ... just my friendly recommendation / opinion ....

Also, you will want to figure out a way to support the fishtail extensions if you haven't already ... the weight of the unsupported pipes will break the head pipes evenutually ....

Keep a good thought ... your idea looks promising ....

R/
'Chop

Old 03-21-2011 | 01:10 PM
HoodlumCanal
Novice

Here's mine. Couple thousand miles and no problems (knock on wood). Very Similar to Dincote's. Like where you're going with it, dual fishtails are sick IMO.

Attached Thumbnails Road King Duals on a Low Rider??-dsc00201.jpg   Road King Duals on a Low Rider??-dsc00206.jpg  
Old 03-21-2011 | 01:41 PM
dincote
Cruiser

dead on target 'chop, a little bending here and there and it works, the headers had about the right turns, again a little bending here and there, then added the long fish tails, we will welded and use brackets for safety and support.

nothing its impossible, sometimes it just a little rigging to get it there.

Old 03-21-2011 | 05:34 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member

Those look awesome. Great work you guys

Quick Reply: Road King Duals on a Low Rider??