Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob pipes

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 01:36 PM
judas666
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant believe no one has mentioned the V&H big radius 2-1 looks, sounds, and performs great... just be careful on the right hand U-turns.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:54 PM
jessemoya
Intermediate

I would never put a 2-to-2 set of pipes on my Truest Love, but I absolutely can't stand the look of a 2-to-1.

I really, really struggled with this question for the past year, and I've pretty much made up my mind. I'm about to put some Vance and Hines Sideshots on my Pearl Denim '09 Street Bob, but I can't decide on chrome or black! I'm leaning chrome right now.

I've gotten a lot of advice from fellow riders and from folks in this forum. This is the advice that I'm following:

1 - Baffles: don't run pipes without them! Your engine requires some back-pressure and you will lose horsepower without baffles. Big City Thunder is supposed to make some great-sounding baffles that will fit into other pipes (they're around $100 for a pair). I'm considering ($$ but probably won't buy $$) the quiet baffles from V&H. They're not so much quieter, but deeper-sounding.

2 - Re-mapping: definitely re-map your bike if you change any part of the intake or exhaust system! If you don't you're risking the longevity and wear on the engine.

3 - 2-2 vs. 2-1-2 vs. 2-1: True 2-to-2 pipes also rob you of horsepower. 2-to-1 pipes are the best if you're only interested in performance, but if your taste is anything like mine, 2-1-2 pipes (or those like the stock pipes or V&H's "power chamber") are the way to go.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:39 PM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the Sideshots w/BCT QQ's and my bike sounded badass and ran well but I switched to the Supermeg for more power and less sound.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:36 PM
dsiltman
Cruiser

I have cycle shacks on my low rider and my street bob, turn outs on one and slash cuts on the other both have similar sound. Alot better sound than the stock slipons.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:35 PM
moparnut426
Advanced

Im running a black thunder header, and I love it!!

Old 05-20-2010, 09:19 PM
kcblaze
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I also have the chrome Big Shot Staggered and love them. Of course 6 months after buying mine they came out with them in Ceramic Black!

Old 05-20-2010, 10:17 PM
MasterGunz
Tourer

Originally Posted by powerlab
heres my 09 with the comp series
Who make those pipes???

Old 05-20-2010, 11:00 PM
reisjer
Intermediate

I've got the Rinehart 2-2 staggered chrome. Sounds really meaty, deep growl when you get on it. They're not terriblely loud but perform well. Anyone ever heard these with the BCT baffles?

Old 05-20-2010, 11:27 PM
bord3r
Cruiser

short shot's look the best and damn sure sound the best. ''TO ME!'' but to each is own... wish i would have gone withthem when i moved up from the sporty witch had short shots

Old 05-21-2010, 12:36 AM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jessemoya
I would never put a 2-to-2 set of pipes on my Truest Love, but I absolutely can't stand the look of a 2-to-1.

I really, really struggled with this question for the past year, and I've pretty much made up my mind. I'm about to put some Vance and Hines Sideshots on my Pearl Denim '09 Street Bob, but I can't decide on chrome or black! I'm leaning chrome right now.

I've gotten a lot of advice from fellow riders and from folks in this forum. This is the advice that I'm following:

1 - Baffles: don't run pipes without them! Your engine requires some back-pressure and you will lose horsepower without baffles. Big City Thunder is supposed to make some great-sounding baffles that will fit into other pipes (they're around $100 for a pair). I'm considering ($$ but probably won't buy $$) the quiet baffles from V&H. They're not so much quieter, but deeper-sounding.

2 - Re-mapping: definitely re-map your bike if you change any part of the intake or exhaust system! If you don't you're risking the longevity and wear on the engine.

3 - 2-2 vs. 2-1-2 vs. 2-1: True 2-to-2 pipes also rob you of horsepower. 2-to-1 pipes are the best if you're only interested in performance, but if your taste is anything like mine, 2-1-2 pipes (or those like the stock pipes or V&H's "power chamber") are the way to go.
is it just me? or is this a confusing post?.....doesn't like 2 into 2s; or 2 into 1s.....what's left?

Quick Reply: Street Bob pipes