Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Troublesome Comments About Dynas

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts
Default RE: Troublesome Comments About Dynas

ORIGINAL: Topsail

Dynas rule.
agreed!!!!!

Old 06-09-2005, 11:46 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

Personally, when I bought my Springer, I didn't buy it because someone else liked it, I bought it because I liked it. No offense to what others think or buy, I don't really care what a person rides as long as they are having fun.

Old 06-09-2005, 11:54 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts

Springer, I ride the Ultra, I get greif from idiots because it's a geezer glide and I'm only 44. F em, I rode a Gold wing when I was 19, everyone laughed, but that GL1000 could kick the sh it out of any one elses CB750's and the such. Anyone that rides, I mean rides, treats me with respect.

I helped a guy last week get a Honda 450 going. Why, because he was a brother!

F em, let's go riding!

Old 06-10-2005, 01:00 AM
BarryN
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A riding friend of mind rides a bagger and wanted to take my Low Rider for a spin which normally I would never do but he is a true friend. When he came back from the short ride, he said, " That bike has guts and lots of it! " " Wish I had that power" He was impressed to say the least.

Now as our CA governor would say, That girlie bike is FAST! hehe [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 06-10-2005, 12:26 PM
Stevenml155
Tourer

I hear ya -- I have had three or four other HD owners tell me they liked my Sporty -- then they saw the 88 and asked what it was!? I have a 2005 Dyna Super Glide Custom -- and I'll tell ya what -- just like the others here have said, hit a twisty backroad and push it a little bit -- your friends on other models will be pushing themselves to keep up while you're all smiles! You've got a great bike and the benefits of handling with the 88 rumble -- does it get better? Have fun man...

Old 06-10-2005, 01:05 PM
wildwill
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bagger riders busting on Dynas and/or Sportsters is just as bad as Dyna people busting on Baggers and/or Softails. [sm=dontgetit.gif]

Besides a bunch of foreign steel, I've owned a Sportster, a Low Rider, an Electra Glide Classic and now a Road King.
A Harley is a Harley (except when it has AMF on the tank - Believe me, I know. The Sportster was AMF.)

Old 06-10-2005, 02:01 PM
cbrunson
Tourer

ORIGINAL: HotRodSporty

If you have to justify it then your embarrassed or also think the same way. Be proud of your ride no matter what it is! Dont justify yourself to no one especially to yourself. Just ride and have fun!
Clarification: “I noticed justification”

I think it’s funny because everybody jumps up to defend when these topics come up. Most of the time it is 40-50 people saying the same damn thing, and the threads will go on for 15-20 pages.

Old 06-10-2005, 09:07 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

I've had FXR's, fxdwg, then a RK, now an 03 FXSTDSE and out of them all I can honestly say that the dyna WG handled better than them all. I liked the dyna but heard the same thing about them being like a sportster. All that I replied is that if the person ever had ridden both bikes, they should know better and not say that.I think it comes from not knowing and it's just talk. Had a friend that had a softail all built up with cams, s&s, 6 speed and he found a new respect for the dynas after I kicked his butt rather good.

Old 06-11-2005, 01:18 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,297 Likes on 484 Posts

ORIGINAL: wildwill

Bagger riders busting on Dynas and/or Sportsters is just as bad as Dyna people busting on Baggers and/or Softails. [sm=dontgetit.gif]

Besides a bunch of foreign steel, I've owned a Sportster, a Low Rider, an Electra Glide Classic and now a Road King.
A Harley is a Harley (except when it has AMF on the tank - Believe me, I know. The Sportster was AMF.)
I don't badmouth AMF. Had too many of 'em and all were good bikes. One CH went over 100k miles with one rebuild. My FLH went over 200k miles with one rebuild. Several other CH & H Sporties were good, too. All of 'em are still on the road today. Can't say that about my buddies' Asian iron, none of which still motor down the road.

Besides, without AMF there was a good chance HD would've been sunk before the end of the '70s.

Old 06-11-2005, 09:25 PM
rod dude
Banned

ORIGINAL: cbrunson

ORIGINAL: HotRodSporty

If you have to justify it then your embarrassed or also think the same way. Be proud of your ride no matter what it is! Dont justify yourself to no one especially to yourself. Just ride and have fun!
Clarification: “I noticed justification”

I think it’s funny because everybody jumps up to defend when these topics come up. Most of the time it is 40-50 people saying the same damn thing, and the threads will go on for 15-20 pages.
I didnt think he was justifying anything. I think you should learn to read nad not take things out of text. And why state the obvious, the reason 40 to 50 people say the same thing is cause they like there bike and hate the ignorance of some. Sportster owners are not the ones that start these "funny" threads. So if people were not ignorant and had to talk crap to feel better then no one would have to defend anything at all, would they. A little common since goes along way.
I bust on no one or there scoots they choose, I just want the people that do to realize its ignorance.

Quick Reply: Troublesome Comments About Dynas