Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I dont want a bagger!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 11:13 PM
brandonsuperglide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I dont want a bagger!

A few guys I ride with ride baggers and every time we ride one of them asks when are you going to trade to a "big bike" or I dont see why you dont get a "big bike". I dont want a "big bike" if I had wanted a "big bike" I would have bought one. Im not knocking their bikes some of them are pretty sharp just not for me. Anyone else have any riding buddies who just dont understand why you dont ride the same thing they do?

Old 05-16-2010, 12:16 AM
883 IRON
Tourer

Majority of my buds have road kings, I have a FXDC. I dont feel inferior though, they have a hell of a time keeping up,lol. Actually, I'll keep the dyna as long as my back cooperates but I see a RK in my future probably in a year or two. I'll be pushin 52 this year and have degenerative disc, so to keep riding, i might need floor boards and a wider seat and backrest. Will see. Hang onto the dyna, they are the best Harley made, even the honest salesman will tell you that.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:24 AM
JLOX
Tourer

I really don't have that problem with my buddies that ride baggers. They'll tell me how comfortable the ride is, but i'm happy with my rock! I'm with you though... just not my style.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:26 AM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member

I just recently traded the RK in my sig pic for a Streetbob. The only thing I miss is the bags, nothing else. As soon as I get a decent sissy bar set up I wont be missing anything.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:33 AM
Wonkaboy
Banned

Originally Posted by brandonsuperglide
A few guys I ride with ride baggers and every time we ride one of them asks when are you going to trade to a "big bike" or I dont see why you dont get a "big bike". I dont want a "big bike" if I had wanted a "big bike" I would have bought one. Im not knocking their bikes some of them are pretty sharp just not for me. Anyone else have any riding buddies who just dont understand why you dont ride the same thing they do?

Tell them your not "OLD" enough for a big bike !

Old 05-16-2010, 12:34 AM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you point out they have the same size engine as you (if they are the same years and no engine work done).

You could easily put a Memphis Shades removable fairing and some removable big saddlebags, and a large sissy bar bag to carry as much as they do. And your bike will still handle better. About the only downside is the limited passenger seat space.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:46 AM
brandonsuperglide
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Lincoln33
I just recently traded the RK in my sig pic for a Streetbob. The only thing I miss is the bags, nothing else. As soon as I get a decent sissy bar set up I wont be missing anything.
A guy I work with is talking about selling his RK to buy a Dyna. If I were to buy a bagger it would be a Road King, if I wanted to listen to music I would have bought a stereo insted of a bike.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:55 AM
skunk ape
Advanced

I wish I had a Road King. I just can't afford one

My local independent shop just got in a 2002 Heritage with only 4300 miles on it for $11,995
It's awful tempting....

Last edited by skunk ape; 05-16-2010 at 12:58 AM.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:09 AM
theyogawarrior
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wonkaboy
Tell them your not "OLD" enough for a big bike !
What bars are those if u don't mind me asking.

Old 05-16-2010, 02:40 AM
EHLTB66
Tourer

Buddy has a Street Glide, never says I should get a big bike, thats just stupid. I'll probably trade the Streetbob in on a Road King, but when I do theres also going to be a Shovelhead in the garage for tearing up back roads.

Quick Reply: I dont want a bagger!