Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I dont want a bagger!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 08:43 AM
skip3406
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 2 Posts

I may not have the comfort of the bagger but my friends can't do this in 2 minutes.

Attached Thumbnails I dont want a bagger!-windshieds-comp-3.jpg  
Old 05-16-2010, 08:45 AM
rowan
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I got the same comments when I bought my sportster and then again when I bought my Dyna in all reality isnt the dyna a stripped down version of a bagger lets see similar wheelbase, same motor, outboard shocks. Ok lets just add detachable windshield and Bags wow sport tourer, Floor boards are easy and for almost 20-30% less
Carl

Old 05-16-2010, 08:57 AM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by carlsdyna
I got the same comments when I bought my sportster and then again when I bought my Dyna in all reality isnt the dyna a stripped down version of a bagger lets see similar wheelbase, same motor, outboard shocks. Ok lets just add detachable windshield and Bags wow sport tourer, Floor boards are easy and for almost 20-30% less
Carl
Nope. Completely different frame, different suspension, different gearing, different seating position, different shocks, etc, etc, etc.

Both are great bikes (which is why I have one of each) but they definitely aren't interchangeable. You can no sooner make a bagger out of a dyna than you can a dyna out of an Electra Glide. Sure you can add or remove bags and boards but they're still very different bikes.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:07 AM
W G Junkie
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wonka, that's exactly what I tell em. I'm not old enough for a windshield and bags! I don't want a cup holder and radio, arm rests, and heated seats... lol maybe in a few years I'll change my mind.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:09 AM
brandonsuperglide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil K
Here in NW Ohio..i see lots of baggers..and ridden by as many young guys as old ones..and lots of 'em can't understand why anyone would ride a "smaller" bike like a Dyna. Myself..i don't understand why someone would ride a bagger for only around town riding..most of these guys don't tour at all. To each his own. I'd like both someday.....
Exactly, I dont tour most of them dont either for the longest trip I take a duffel bag and a few bungee cords will do. My brother who is 20 years older than me (he is 51) has been riding HD since the seventies said 30 years ago he would have never owned a bike with a windshield now he cant be without one. He sometimes asks aren't you about old enough for a papaw bike, no not yet. I have been around bikes for all my life, rode most makes and models, wrenched on most makes and models, worked at a bike shop for the past 4 years I think I am capable of choosing the right bike for me.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:43 AM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

lol i'm 59yrs old, I ride a dyna fxdc. I put detachable windshield, sissybar, saddlebags and a tallboy seat on it. All i need is a luggage and i ready to tour. it takes me what 5 minutes to strip in down to a stock dyna. yea i love the looks of the RK, do i see one in the future/, onlyif the wife get tired of sitting on my dyna lol. you don't need a BIG bike to tour it's all hype, yea it more comfortable but you can tour on any thing (see picture) 1973 just outside grand canyon.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:47 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by brandonsuperglide
Exactly, I dont tour most of them dont either for the longest trip I take a duffel bag and a few bungee cords will do. My brother who is 20 years older than me (he is 51) has been riding HD since the seventies said 30 years ago he would have never owned a bike with a windshield now he cant be without one. He sometimes asks aren't you about old enough for a papaw bike, no not yet. I have been around bikes for all my life, rode most makes and models, wrenched on most makes and models, worked at a bike shop for the past 4 years I think I am capable of choosing the right bike for me.
well your 31, you should be asking them why they feel you should be riding a geezer glide at 31.... so, I would mention "I'm 31 not 71"....LOL.

Last edited by rounder; 05-16-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:52 AM
tomt
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm 66. Owning a geezer glide has never entered my mind. No one in my crowd has ever mentioned anything bad about my scoot. They know I would kick their ***.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm 72 and no one has ever suggested a bagger to me. If I WANTED one, I would buy one. (Age isn't really the issue). I prefer the performance and handling of the Dyna.

Last edited by Cornhusker; 05-16-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:30 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

There just pissed about how much less you paid for your Dyna and its a fruitless attempt to relieve their buyers remorse.

Quick Reply: I dont want a bagger!