Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pirelli "night dragon " tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 11:06 PM
creep1
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pirelli "night dragon " tires

Anyone have these or know someone who could provide real world feedback ?

Old 06-17-2010, 10:02 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

I'll never run another one even if I get miles out of this one. It corners okay, but straight line braking is usually a lockup, no better than the stock Dumflop.
I'm going Darkside next time, so I can stop properly. Not to mention they last forever.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:48 PM
stbobfisher
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them on my bike, and they are 10 times better then the OEM tires, have about 3000 miles on them and still look new, they stick well,, only had them brake loose when i wanted them to. And the wet road traction is amazing, i installed these tire 2 days before a trip to nc mountain and it rained the entire weekend and we still road very hard draging pegs in the rain, never slipped once. I will use them again.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:02 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Wow, two very different reviews.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Uquackmeup
Tourer

I love these tires. They are soooo much better than the Dunlops its rediculous. I have great suspension (Ohlins and Ricor Intiminators) but these tires pulled it all together for me. Just my $.02

Ron

Old 06-17-2010, 11:24 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They stick like glue and I have never had a problem with locking up the brakes due to tires, that is usually due to using too much brake? I would say the NDs are 100x better than the Dunlops, but you are not going to get a "lot" of mileage out of the rear and you can't expect that out of a tire that sticks. I am going to get 6.5K out of the rear and I estimate 8.5-9k out of the front, but I am pretty hard on tires. You don't have much choice for a 180 that fits a 4.5x17 wheel except the SE and the ND and they both are soft compound tires. I will most likely order up another one, but I would like to try an SE 180 just to see how it handles compared to the ND and I also would like to try an Avon Storm Ultra 2, but I like the wide tire.
It depends on what you want, confidence in cornering or longevity?
CB
Best prices on the ND's that I have found is motorcyclesuperstore.com and denniskirk.com , DK is cheaper but they add a 5.00 tire charge, so when you add that in they come out the same price.

Last edited by NoLongerAmember; 06-17-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:26 AM
hawgwild2
Intermediate

Originally Posted by stbobfisher
I have them on my bike, and they are 10 times better then the OEM tires, have about 3000 miles on them and still look new, they stick well,, only had them brake loose when i wanted them to. And the wet road traction is amazing,
+1 I have not found a better tire, I have over 6000miles on mine and the rear is just now starting to show some signs of wear.

Originally Posted by Uquackmeup
I love these tires. They are soooo much better than the Dunlops its rediculous.
Dunlops are a joke, kinda like the Fords with the Firestone tires.

Originally Posted by cbz1200n
They stick like glue and I have never had a problem with locking up the brakes due to tires, that is usually due to using too much brake? I would say the NDs are 100x better than the Dunlops, but you are not going to get a "lot" of mileage out of the rear and you can't expect that out of a tire that sticks. I am going to get 6.5K out of the rear and I estimate 8.5-9k out of the front, but I am pretty hard on tires. You don't have much choice for a 180 that fits a 4.5x17 wheel except the SE and the ND and they both are soft compound tires. I will most likely order up another one, but I would like to try an SE 180 just to see how it handles compared to the ND and I also would like to try an Avon Storm Ultra 2, but I like the wide tire.
It depends on what you want, confidence in cornering or longevity?
CB
Best prices on the ND's that I have found is motorcyclesuperstore.com and denniskirk.com , DK is cheaper but they add a 5.00 tire charge, so when you add that in they come out the same price.
+1 could not of said it any better, BTW, Save your money on the SE tire, total waste of time, effort and hard earned cash.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:47 AM
NoLongerAmember
Banned

Originally Posted by hawgwild2
Save your money on the SE tire, total waste of time, effort and hard earned cash.
Well, it is just that I have built up some chrome cash and I need a tire.
CB

Old 06-18-2010, 12:49 AM
NoLongerAmember
Banned

Originally Posted by creep1
Anyone have these or know someone who could provide real world feedback ?
Didn't you just get a new SE 180 not too long ago?
CB

Old 06-18-2010, 03:18 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the night dragon on the rear of my bike, but still have the stock spec dunlop on the front, when the front tire is to the point of needing to be replaced, I will put the pirelli on it as well. Over 4000 miles on the rear tire and still looking new, grips better than any other tire I have tried to date, corners better, and coming out of the hole it hooks up great. I am sold on this tire and hope they never quit making it or change the compound.

Quick Reply: pirelli "night dragon " tires