Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wow !! Full Face Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 10:39 PM
joflewbyu2
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wow !! Full Face Helmet

I got talked into a full face helmet after howling ringing ears from riding without ear plugs. Was so bad, I could not go over 55 mph without pain. I thought it would be hot, uncomfortable and disconnect me from the riding experience. WRONG !! I feel better connected with the bike without disturbances. It is actually cool when riding because of the forced ventilation and comfortable. No more sand in face, no more ear ringing, no more squinting at upper speeds, no more bugs nor changing eye glasses back and forth. I can wear my everyday glasses inside after I put on the helmet by lifting the helmet visor. Just a thought. The difference is like driving a car with your head out the window versus inside with all the windows up. Well, each their own cause different folks have different strokes. BTW, I got a Shoei X-11. Pretty cool looking helmet that color matches the bike with snorting bulls on the side and old style pin striping.

Attached Thumbnails Wow !! Full Face Helmet-shoei-x-11.jpg   Wow !! Full Face Helmet-hd-se-rs-2-.jpg  

Last edited by joflewbyu2; 05-15-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 10:44 PM
Punchsmack
Road Captain

My 2nd helmet is a Scorpion EXO-1000 FF. Amazing. I normally wear it when it's cold or when I know I'll be doing mostly highway miles. Awesome stuff.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:44 PM
macnab_sf
Road Master

I support you on the FF helmet. I like my jawbone the way it is.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:54 PM
brandonsuperglide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I normally wear a half helmet but I just ordered a Fulmer modular to try out.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:58 PM
ecvjohnny
Tourer

I've got the X-11 as well and love it.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:59 PM
Gonzy
Gonzy
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hear Hear!

Originally Posted by joflewbyu2
I got talked into a full face helmet after howling ringing ears from riding without ear plugs......... Was so bad, I could not go over 55 mph without pain. .....Just a thought. The difference is like driving a car with your head out the window versus inside with all the windows up.
I haven't tried a full face while riding yet, but I second your sentiments in protecting your hearing. For years I didn't protect my ears from loud noises. Wind rushing past my ears, shooting guns, machinery, etc wasn't a concern of mine. Dumb a$$ that I was I lost quite a bit of my hearing. Now I wear a 1/2 helmet that fits snug against my ears, that and the face shield protect my eyes and my ears. I can hear my bike sing to me and that's all the music I need on my rides.

Last edited by Gonzy; 05-15-2010 at 11:18 PM. Reason: should be 1/2
Old 05-15-2010, 11:03 PM
joflewbyu2
Road Master

FYI. If you are just trying one on and walking around the store it will feel hot and claustrophobic. Once outside and riding the helmet will be comfortable and cool if it has ventilation. I can feel the air flow when riding but I have short short hair. It is almost like a draft feeling. BTW, I felt better in the store with a half helmet but feelings changed once I racked up miles outside because of the buffeting and heat. Funny how the 2 initial feelings turned out be be opposite once riding.

Old 05-15-2010, 11:04 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member

I traded my POS windshield for a Bell FF and never looked back. MP3 player sounds great with it as well.

Old 05-15-2010, 11:13 PM
joflewbyu2
Road Master

Wew ! I thought I be the only full face helmet guy here. Now if I had a full head of hair that stylish I would be concerned but my hair is thinning and I keep it very short so the helmet does nothing to my hair style. I guess one of the perks of short short hair styles.

Old 05-15-2010, 11:15 PM
Nick0915
Cruiser

I have a helmet that I use for year round for snowmobiling, 4wheeling and the harley. It's looks great is is completely functional for all seasons and condition. It's the BRP Modular2 gloss black. Modular helmet with a built in fighter-pilot style sliding sun shade and for those cold days on the sleds there is a breathing apparatus, just like a pilot would wear. Hands down the best helmet I've ever owned.

http://www.everydayriding.org/2010/0...-2-helmet.html

there is a review of it.

Quick Reply: Wow !! Full Face Helmet