Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wow !! Full Face Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 06:42 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,930 Likes on 1,263 Posts

I wear a FF since my last bike was a sportbike. I have an Arai Profile to fit my narrow head. I have a choice in Ohio but I'm more comfortable with the helmet on.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:44 AM
Doc Savage
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another FF wearer here. I have the HD "Designator"....dealer cut me a deal.
During my younger years of bicycles & football, I've had the opportunity to test my grape on brick roads, concrete curbs & sidewalks. Test conslusions: It #$%&*@ hurts & I may still be suffering from the damage....Who am I?...Where am I?...Why is that Elephant pink?

Old 05-16-2010, 06:44 AM
rowan
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

This is a really intresting thread yesterday went for a local ride of about 80 miles and part of it on the way home was head on in to a 30mph wind man at highway speed my ears sure did bother me, lately I am realizing the wind noise really seems to bother me more and more, I hope it clears up a bit so I can give a ff /3/4 atry out today, Anyone have any experience with the harley jetfighter helmet? Thanks
Carl

Old 05-16-2010, 07:01 AM
bqualls
Tourer
Default Wow !! Full Face Helmet

I too wear a full-face helmet - an Arai Profile. It fits my skull perfectly, but I can understand how the elongated shape will not fit eveyone's head. I recently bought an H-D kevlar half helmet, and I like it, but not nearly as much as my Arai helmet. I have ringing in my ears, and I wear ear plugs with both helmets.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:10 AM
nuberton
Advanced

I haven't made the switch yet but I need one if I ride in Italy. Plus it's a lot safer and, after seeing a few videos in the last couple of days of guys biting it, it's probably not a bad idea. Plus the Army frowns on novelty helmets (which I have a bad habit of using too).

Old 05-16-2010, 07:17 AM
Blargh
Road Captain

i bought a shoei rf1100 since i was newly returned to riding and would be in the DC commuter traffic.. plus thats all i had worn on my metric years back, and all the DOT halfs made me look like a douche anyway - very happy with it, and I even 'dont care' so much I got a solid white one (much better visibility to other drivers). But then I generally look to see what the current trends are and then do the opposite just to be an ***... (as my buddy says, I am the "reluctant salmon")

though I do plan to buy an HCI 100 to have the option, the FF will be my usual (and from years of loud music and shooting 12ga w/o hearing protection...will someone PLEASE answer that phone already!!!)

Old 05-16-2010, 07:20 AM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

Hearing damage is REAL, so please wear ear plugs!! The 3/4 and ff helmets help, but not enough to allow riding without hearing protection. I personally wear a Shoei RF1000 ff helmet and have used that model for years. I also wear ear plugs. You can still hear the radio/music, so don't fret about that.
One final thought concerning fitment of a ff helmet. We all have various shaped heads...I've been told I have somewhat of a "pumpkin" or "charlie brown" head. Well, I found out that some helmets will fit me fine (Shoei), and others will not fit no matter what (Arai and others). So just because the helmet is expensive, don't settle for anything but total comfort in the lid. You may have to try several from different manufacturers to find your perfect fit.....and then... wear the lid!!

Old 05-16-2010, 07:23 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,167 Likes on 3,676 Posts

I use a Filmer m1 MODUS MODULAR i like it, yes it is a bit hot....I need to start using it more because of my hearing....It takes getting use to it but once you wear it for a while...I have comm in mine from J&M sounds pretty good...

Old 05-16-2010, 07:25 AM
Blargh
Road Captain

I have to admit that 15 yrs ago my FF seemed very quiet, but the older me hears a lot of wind at 75mph even w/ the FF - just started exploring earplugs to add to the mix when doing interstate cruises...whats the suggested brand/type? I'm familiar with the cheap stuff (foam expandable, and the push in 'one size fits all' type) but was just looking at the 'radians' custom one as another member wrote about above? (sorry to seque to a related topic )

Old 05-16-2010, 07:35 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,251 Likes on 1,642 Posts

Been wearing FF helmets for the past 15-yrs on my rides. Seen too many results of "face skids" w/open front lids. Got used to the shell, less noise, protects from debris & you can never be too safe on a m/c.

Quick Reply: Wow !! Full Face Helmet