Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wow !! Full Face Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 12:40 AM
skunk ape
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Scorpion Exo which is real comfortable fit. I don't use it as much as I should But for highway trips it's a must.

Old 05-16-2010, 01:21 AM
the reverend
Tourer

My wife had her life saved by a fullface... neither of us will ride with anything else again. If she would have had her half helmet (which she almost put that on instead), she would have lost the left half of her face if she lived at all.

We used to have Shoeis and we upgraded to Arais... even more expensive but worth every penny.

It's awesome to see this thread being so popular... most of our crew of riders wear ffs now and I am hearing the comments and jabs about them much less. Shows we are starting to get away from the macho crap and we can all ride together and make our own decisions instead of fitting a stereotype.

Old 05-16-2010, 01:43 AM
Rustyrider
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I love my Simpson matte black Outlaw...We race karts and always use FF skull buckets. I won't race or ride without a FF. Been on my head way too many times in my life and if I hadn't had a FF I might not be here today or be alot more ugly than I am now. LOL

My wife is now telling me she wants one...her ears are starting to hurt after a ride at highway speeds.

Old 05-16-2010, 02:56 AM
Doc G
Intermediate

the only helmet i have right now is a FF and i see guys on the freeway without one and just wonder how on earth they aren't deaf. i may get a half shell down the road but only for in town riding or maybe short jaunts around locally if i get a windshield but long trips mean wearing the FF for me.

Old 05-16-2010, 04:01 AM
Buch
Cruiser

I see it took a while for you guys across the atlantic to figure that out. Here in europe FF is very normal. Use half & open helmets attending shows. Lots of the FF do even have sunvisors in them. The new kid on the block is from "Schuberth" very light 1490g with a sunvisor. Developed by most guys driving formula1. I have a FXDF with VH BSS and i hear it sing damn well. Noise reduction from wind is great, has a pin lock which does not let it fog.

Old 05-16-2010, 04:16 AM
jim425
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by the reverend
We used to have Shoeis and we upgraded to Arais... even more expensive but worth every penny.
Arai would be a downgrade for me! They don't even come close to fitting my head shape!

Old 05-16-2010, 04:29 AM
GasserNorm
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jim425
Arai would be a downgrade for me! They don't even come close to fitting my head shape!
Shoei X-11, metallic black, good for triple digits.

Old 05-16-2010, 05:46 AM
Derv
Tourer

I always wear a full face helmet. Coming last year from sport tourer type bikes, as I did, to Harleys I thought I may have looked a bit of a **** with a F/F. But, as I'd not long previously paid a lot of ££££S for a new Aria lid I didn't want the expense of buying a new one just for the looks.

Then a thought occurred to me, that if I do come off the Harley am I going to hit the ground with any less force than on sports bike? Is the risk of serious head injuries any less? The answer obviously is no, so why choose to buy a lesser type of helmet just becasue I now ride a different kind of bike.

I love my Arai - best fitting helmet I've ever owned, I also own a couple Shoei F/Fs - an XR1000 and an old XR800 - lids as well and still use them periodically. The Arai is the top banana, and really comfortable with an excellent vent system, not as quite as quiet as the Shoei lids are though

This is the Arai - complete with UK flag. Keep an eye for it in Canada (BC & Alberta) this July and come say hello if you see us, we'll be on a Honda VFR800 (interceptor) and a Honda Shadow.

Derv

Attached Thumbnails Wow !! Full Face Helmet-viper-gt.jpg  
Old 05-16-2010, 06:01 AM
SeeMeDo
Road Warrior

There aren't a lot of us FF modular wearers on Harleys but never been susceptible to peer pressure from the barflys.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:38 AM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

You guys are seriously talking me into one . I love not wearing one , but lots of moments recently while riding , have been making me reconsider . Seeing all the good suggestions in this thread , makes me want to go shopping . Thanks !

Quick Reply: Wow !! Full Face Helmet