Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wow !! Full Face Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 08:44 PM
fb444
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been riding sports bikes since early 70's and always wear a full face. Bought my first Harley a few weeks ago (2010 Street Glide) and bought a half helmet along with it. Still wearing the FF as didn't feel comfortable without the full visor and chin guard. Currently have Arai Vector with web graphics. Everyone to their own, not buying or selling.
Oh, the SG is great, wish I bought one a few years back.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:53 PM
clanbear
Intermediate

I bought a 2010 Wide Glide and a new Shoei RF1100 FF and glad I did. The ride with it on in Texas wind makes the ride much more enjoyable, even with the new airflow it is pretty hot here though but worth it in my book.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:34 PM
warrick
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been riding for about a year now, live in Iowa (no helmet law). My first purchase was an ACC (Head Trip) novelty. The helmet has an EPS liner, and I was told it passed all but the DOT penetration test. I was not real scared of hitting a metal spear, so decided it would do. I basically did not wear anything last year, helmet sat in the closet. I did always wear ear plugs and a wrap around my ears, so noise was ok even on the highway, but I really felt nervous at times with nothing on. The more I read, the more I think. I have been wearing my hh the last few days, does not bother me much, but not a lot of protection. I now have a ff, but have not worn it yet and will be getting a DOT 3/4 in the next few days. I think I have been one that has fallen victim to the "wanna look cool" crowd around here ( I almost wish we had a helmet law). I will be testing it out this weekend, hopefully i will love it. I have a family to think about.

I went ahead and decide to go kinda nutty if I was gonna do it. This should get some strange looks on my all black Iron 883. It's a new Bell Star Cerwinske LT. Edition.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:54 PM
Mixter
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys should check out Designer Helmets.com they have some wicked half and full face helmets...look at craft, caberg, osbe, momo etc...

Attached Thumbnails Wow !! Full Face Helmet-rufus_black.jpg  
Old 06-18-2010, 09:04 PM
VsTheWorld
Road Master

Originally Posted by Mixter
You guys should check out Designer Helmets.com they have some wicked half and full face helmets...look at craft, caberg, osbe, momo etc...
you ain't kidding, the craft helmets are pretty badass!

Old 06-19-2010, 12:11 AM
Mixter
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ya they are pretty radical and different with their designs...kind of unique too!

Old 06-30-2010, 12:10 AM
Charlie [Mortis421]
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ICON halo mainframe

I've been using an ICON halo mainframe. It's comfortable, for many hours of riding. (Complete with "DILIGAF" sticker..

Old 06-30-2010, 07:14 AM
YourOldDog
Cruiser

[QUOTE=Gonzy;6720682............................... ... I can hear my bike sing to me and that's all the music I need on my rides. [/QUOTE]

I agree with you. Why the hell spend all that money for a Harley and then not want to listen to those big jugs calling out your name!! Heck, I'd caress them if it wasn't for the 3rd degree burns! My two favorite engine sounds, a radial aircraft engine and a big Harley pulling.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:15 AM
Sling Blade 14
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,791 Likes on 932 Posts
Thumbs up

I got a ebay dual visor-clamshell with vents for highway riding and when I'm too lazy to grab my half helmet, a clear pair of glasses for riding after dark, and my bandana to keep the bees off my lips....

Old 07-04-2010, 07:28 AM
jeffc68
Tourer

Without a windshield or a ff helmet it must be torture with the bugs.

Quick Reply: Wow !! Full Face Helmet