Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wow !! Full Face Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 09:41 AM
wolfmon11
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Glydiator
it does suck.. i lost my glasses once (years ago) and got hit in the eye by what felt like godzilla. I was going around an off ramp about 70mph on the interstate in Indy...blind as a bat for a minute. I don't know how I made it without crashing. It was the last time I've ever ridden without eye protection.

I've mentioned before also in another thread, that I got hit in the hand by a bird while i was going about 60mph. It just glanced off and still hurt/numbed my hand.

I don't even want to think about taking a bird in the face straight on...especially going fast. I honestly think it would knock you out... or at least off the bike.
I took a bird to the face at 70+ mph once about 7 years ago on the way to work. Was wearing a FF and it still rang my bell pretty good and gave me a sore neck. Had guts and bird crap all over the visor and my jacket but was able to pull over.

Can't imagine what would have happened if I was wearing my 1/2 helmet. I have an HJC CL-SP and love it, quiet and lightweight with great ventilation.

That said I still wear my 1/2 way more than the FF. What can I say I love the wind in my face, but I always wear earplugs and like many have said, on the highway and cold mornings I use the FF.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:49 AM
DGDyna
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Punchsmack
... I'm thinking of getting the little woman a FF for when she rides with me. She's probably not going to be on the highway much but I'd feel safer with her having one she can use.
When my wife just started riding with me she uses my FF that I use for traveling and cold weather. She loves the secure feeling of it. I thought she looked a little odd with a tank top and the FF but she feels better so I don't care how she looks in it.

I use a half with ear plugs all summer. But occasionally I'll a short run to the store w/o ear plugs to listen to the subtle sounds coming from the engine to hear if anything doesn’t sound right.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:14 AM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have all sorts of helmets (dot beanie, novelty beanie, 3/4 Biltwell, full face HD....) I am hooked on the Biltwell right now but I wear the ff occasionally (long ride in the rain...) but If I was to wear one all the time I think I'd get one of these:

Simpson Bandit

Attached Thumbnails Wow !! Full Face Helmet-msb5.jpg  
Old 06-04-2010, 12:57 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by brandonsuperglide
I normally wear a half helmet but I just ordered a Fulmer modular to try out.
I bought one of those the day I bought my bike. Even spent about 40 bucks for a nice mirror tinted shield for it. It's comfortable and cool enough but once I tried a half-helmet, I never used it again. It still hangs in my barn. It may just be perception, but I feel I can see better with the half helmet (really need as much peripheral around here as you can get with all the deer) and I like hearing the bike. If the wind is too much and is bothering me, I'll just throw in some plugs - but very rarely use them. Of course, if my face ever hits the pavement, I'll wish I had a full face on.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:20 PM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CRF
I have all sorts of helmets (dot beanie, novelty beanie, 3/4 Biltwell, full face HD....) I am hooked on the Biltwell right now but I wear the ff occasionally (long ride in the rain...) but If I was to wear one all the time I think I'd get one of these:

Simpson Bandit
I want a Bandit also,but $400, damn thats expensive.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:15 PM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member

Now that I'm in England, I had to get a new helmet because all half helmets are illegal here. It also had to have an ECE 22.05 sticker (which is the British DOT sticker equivalent)
My choices were 3/4 or FF. I went for FF and went with a Shoei Raid II. It's the entry level Shoei but it's really nice. It vents well and is as light as my old HD half helmet. I was really surprised. I like enough that I'll probably use it back in the states for most of my riding. Got it in flat black and threw a pinstripe decal on it. It look good.

Attached Thumbnails Wow !! Full Face Helmet-imag0145.jpg   Wow !! Full Face Helmet-imag0146.jpg  

Last edited by nkauf21; 06-06-2010 at 07:15 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:21 PM
FBRR
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a modular and a Scorpion EXO1000. The Scorpion has the air pump fit. I love it. I also have my eye on an ARAI Profile.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Arcane
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My son managed to lay his bike over at about 40 mph. He had just crested a hill and found two yearling calves standing in the road. He tried to avoid them and laid it over on the edge of the road. He was wearing a FF helmet at the time and I think that it saved his life. At minimum, he would have needed extensive facial reconstructive surgery if he were not wearing one. As it was he had cuts, road rash and bruises, the helmet had deep gouges and scrapes across the front from the chin bar to the top of the helmet. He Said, “Man I hit the pavement and I could see the asphalt and felt the jar when my head hit the ground. Once it got started it was like slow motion, you could see what was going on but there was nothing that you could do to prevent it from happening”

Last edited by Arcane; 06-05-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Rgonot
6th Gear
Cool

I have a FF modular that I bought when I got my Dyna. Rode a couple of times without it on hot days and my 3 year old saw me and started crying. She told my wife I was going to die because I had no helmet on. I guess I taught her well, "always where a helmet on your bike or jeep". Do what I say not what I do right...nah, I have to walk the talk.

I am shopping around for a half or 3/4 right now for myself and wife. The FF is great on the highway, protects from the wind, rock,bugs, rain. I can see fine and hear fine as well. It is like I turn into another person with my FF on though, tinted visor makes me anonymous.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:15 AM
Derv
Tourer

Originally Posted by nkauf21
Now that I'm in England, I had to get a new helmet because all half helmets are illegal here. It also had to have an ECE 22.05 sticker (which is the British DOT sticker equivalent)
My choices were 3/4 or FF. I went for FF and went with a Shoei Raid II. It's the entry level Shoei but it's really nice. It vents well and is as light as my old HD half helmet. I was really surprised. I like enough that I'll probably use it back in the states for most of my riding. Got it in flat black and threw a pinstripe decal on it. It look good.
Another convert, great. The Shoei Raid is a real nice Helmet, Mrs Derv uses one - it's pink! I have a Shoei XR1000 (that isn't pink ) which I've had for a few years and still use but I splashed out on an Arai Viper last year and mostly wear that now - the most comfy thing I've ever put on my head.

I seem to remember, it was you who moved to England quite recently and had your bike shipped over here? Are you settled in now? Bike's looking hot

Derv

Quick Reply: Wow !! Full Face Helmet