Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacific blue Denim, Black or Vivid SB ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006 | 09:18 PM
boogerbooger
|
Advanced
Default Pacific blue Denim, Black or Vivid SB ?

Well, working on some final details today and hopefully a new bike is in the immediate future. Today I saw the Pacific Denim blue bob, now just another decision . . . . . . .
And, just to think it was supposed to be so easy. Walk in, point at the Bob just sitting there, sign my name and ride out. You would think the color scheme should be the easiest of decisions. Oh well. To all those out there that have their bikes gratz, I'll be there soon. I sometimes wish I was colorblind and it wouldn't matter what I pick.

Old 08-15-2006 | 10:25 PM
Buggz
Tourer
Default RE: Pacific blue Denim, Black or Vivid SB ?

I went with the vivid black for a more monochromatic look, the frame and headlight are always black, so they match, and chrome or matte black always match basic black and show up nice, oh and its cheaper.

Old 08-15-2006 | 10:30 PM
Bradley
Cruiser

I personally would pick something other than black denim. I know it will probably **** off alot of the bob owners, but a ton of people seem to have the black denim. It looks awesome, but I don't like the idea of so many people having the same bike as me. Just my .02
congrads on the new bike, whatever you decide!

Old 08-16-2006 | 12:11 AM
tb2377
Tourer

I almost got the denum black, but than i saw the cobalt blue one and liked that quite a bit also. I figured that denum was going to be the most popular color choice so I went with the blue one. glad i did... I like to be a little different. I'm also adding chrome to my bob(gasp). I think that denum blue might be pretty cool and not as popular as the B.D. but its really what you like. I do like the black denum though. arrgh [:@] your right, difficult decision. good luck![sm=lildevil.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/7785/A4B039FF4C7440D3BD6ED8B872BB5022.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/7785/15309533FDA24DCD91FD402D5B464DED.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-16-2006 | 12:24 AM
boogerbooger
|
Advanced

Dang, now Cobalt Blue. I haven't seen one of those in person either but now I feel Like I have, thanks. Arrgh . . . No matter what color I get around here, I will be the first. None seen on the road over here in lower middle Michigan. The funniest thing about buying a new ride is that I've owned a few new cars in my days. The color ( all except a Wrangle I once owned and I ordered ), never really mattered to me. As long as it wasn't pink I mean I could live with it. ( My girls are gonna be mad at me cuz I didn't buy pink ) Anyways, at least I have the model choice made. I guess if the worst thing I have to do is settle on a color well, . . I can think of much worse to worry about.
Oh, and please after my purchase please oh please don't let me know what mods to do. I think this will be enough adreneline rush, information overload for me for a good year. ) Thanks for all the input.

Old 08-16-2006 | 12:52 AM
iwant1
Tourer

My buddy minettehog has a vivd black SB and it is a great looking bike. There's something about that shiney black Rear fender on the bob that looks sweet. That would be my vote.

Old 08-16-2006 | 02:22 AM
TRITON
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Bradley

I personally would pick something other than black denim. I know it will probably **** off alot of the bob owners, but a ton of people seem to have the black denim. It looks awesome, but I don't like the idea of so many people having the same bike as me. Just my .02
congrads on the new bike, whatever you decide!
The problem is, there are thousands and thousands of every color produced. Anyone that thinks they are gonna buy a certain color and it will be the only one around is naive. That's the great thing about HD. There are SOOOOO many aftermarket parts that whatever color you choose, you can make it YOUR bike. That being said, don't buy the black denim...it's horrible (see sig).

Old 08-16-2006 | 02:30 AM
ss377
Road Captain

Every one has a preference. Mine was the black cherry. Once I saw it at an out of state dealership, I order one when I got home. The denim black is a popular choice. I think denim black is the V-Rod's color. I saw a denim blue bagger or should I say gagger. My .02, they didn't finish the paint job. A bagger is also for bling. I did not see any. No offense to the three who like the denim blue.

Old 08-16-2006 | 02:46 AM
bs2100
Cruiser

I'm not one for colors, so I'd usually say vivid black. But the denim black seems to have grown on me, and the extra bonus is it would be easier to clean and wouldn't have to worry so much about those circles or scratches.

Old 08-16-2006 | 02:58 AM
ss377
Road Captain

You are right about the circles and scratches. I have to be extra careful washing my tins and try not to dry wipe any dust. I put several coats of wax on right after I got it and a couple times since.

Quick Reply: Pacific blue Denim, Black or Vivid SB ?