Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of adding progressive shocks but have questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 08:50 PM
dirtydan
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thinking of adding progressive shocks but have questions

ORIGINAL: Dynamite

I've never heard the cycle shacks so it would be hard to say. They are slightly louder than V&H I would say. I know that's not what you asked for, but most people have those so it would be a good indicator that you could easily listen to.

That helped. I heard some V&H Big Radius pipes on an '06 bob and they were friggin' loud.

thanks again

Old 08-17-2006, 11:00 PM
Gadgetech
Club Member
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Nice looking ride Rick. Did you notice a handling difference after you put them on? Also, do you have the stock shocks up front in the forks?

Old 08-18-2006, 12:30 AM
Original Junior
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Patch

I do like the adjustment process on the 440's very much....no wrench or tools needed...and infinatly ajdustable
Patch, what do you mean infinitely adjustable? I've heard this before, looked on their website, but could not grasp that idea. How do you make sure each shock is equally adjusted? Or, are they "self adjusting" like the aformentioned Edelbrock shocks. Thanks in advance for the forthcoming eduacation.

Old 08-20-2006, 07:28 PM
Z
Road Warrior
Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

They're "infinately adjustable" because the top shft of the shock is threaded, just like a bolt. To adjust them, you twist the top sping cover and it acts just like a nut on a bolt, twisting up or down in the threads. Thus you could twist the adjuster as little or as much as you want. There's no pre-set steps like most shocks have. This method also changes the ride height of the bike by an inch or so. When I'm bar hopping and otherwise running solo, I crank them down to their lowest setting. When I have my lady with me as we're packed up for a trip, I adjust them to their highest setting.

I have them and love them. The difference between the 440s and the other progressives is in the valving (so says the Progressive website). A also have the Progressive Cruise Control front sping kit, which allows you to leave the front end at stock height or lower it by either 1" or 2". Like someone else here said, the are real stiff though. Don't run SE oil in your forks with these springs until after you've ridden the new springs with regular oil: they might be too stiff for your taste.

ORIGINAL: Original Junior

ORIGINAL: Patch

I do like the adjustment process on the 440's very much....no wrench or tools needed...and infinatly ajdustable
Patch, what do you mean infinitely adjustable? I've heard this before, looked on their website, but could not grasp that idea. How do you make sure each shock is equally adjusted? Or, are they "self adjusting" like the aformentioned Edelbrock shocks. Thanks in advance for the forthcoming eduacation.