Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer said 09-10 Dyna bad vibration normal

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 02:24 PM
09DynaRyder
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lot's of vibration when not moving but it all smooths out on the road. 09 FXD with 3,500 on the clock. I've hit 100 in 4th a few times.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:00 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 357 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by 09DynaRyder
Lot's of vibration when not moving but it all smooths out on the road. 09 FXD with 3,500 on the clock. I've hit 100 in 4th a few times.
Man, that's pretty cool, that would be around 5400 rpm going by my MPH VS RPM Calculator. I haven't ran mine up that high yet. When I'm in the mood to run her hard I shift up around 5200 rpm. I went out to water my Dads flowers tonight and on the way home I nailed down where my motor vibes the most. Starts at 4300 rpm then smooths out about 4900 rpm. Don't make any deference what gear it's in. But in normal every day driving it's no big deal. This vibes and shaking is the one and only thing that's been a disappointment after a lot of years on Sportsters. At certain times my new FXDC vibes and shakes more then my 06 rubber mount Sporty did. When I'm in that bad vibe range I think my new Dyna's motor vibes just as bad as my old 2000 solid mount sporty , never dreamed it would be like this. But hey, she runs good.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Ovaltine Jenkins
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The whole reason I'm going Dyna is for the vibration. lol

Old 08-30-2010, 08:35 AM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My bike didn't vibe until I started reading this freaking thread

Old 08-30-2010, 09:25 PM
bbriles10
Advanced

i have a 2010 street bob ad i didnt think its that bad. it seems to vibe a little more around turns? any one else have that issue?

Old 08-30-2010, 10:13 PM
love4steel
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bbriles10
i have a 2010 street bob ad i didnt think its that bad. it seems to vibe a little more around turns? any one else have that issue?
Its the Michelin Scorcher tires!!!!

Old 08-30-2010, 10:59 PM
tlever
Advanced

my wife says her '10 fxd vibrates while cornering. I haven't rode it yet to verify this, but plan on it after we get past these next few days of rain.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:48 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member

OP here.
I took it to my local Dealer to have them test ride my bike, at first they was going to charge me $88 but if they found a problem then HD would cover it, but then he said with after market pipes HD probably wont cover a vibe issue. I said no way I was going to pay That just to have a guy ride my bike around there building one time. Then the service manager came out of his room and said he wouldn't charge me for it. I kept my cool and stayed friendly, I think that helped. So they documented my complaint and they drove it, and they did feel the hard vibes but he said it really could be the pipes. I told him that as soon as the Weather stats to go in to Winter I will put the stock pipes back on and if it still dose it I'm bringing it back, he said OK. I thanked them for there time and left. I have V&H Big Shots and find it hard to believe my pipes are making my motor vibrate like this but maybe they are right, I don't know.
I will up-date this fall when I switch pipes.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:54 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by GPHDXLC
OP here.
I took it to my local Dealer to have them test ride my bike, at first they was going to charge me $88 but if they found a problem then HD would cover it, but then he said with after market pipes HD probably wont cover a vibe issue. I said no way I was going to pay That just to have a guy ride my bike around there building one time. Then the service manager came out of his room and said he wouldn't charge me for it. I kept my cool and stayed friendly, I think that helped. So they documented my complaint and they drove it, and they did feel the hard vibes but he said it really could be the pipes. I told him that as soon as the Weather stats to go in to Winter I will put the stock pipes back on and if it still dose it I'm bringing it back, he said OK. I thanked them for there time and left. I have V&H Big Shots and find it hard to believe my pipes are making my motor vibrate like this but maybe they are right, I don't know.
I will up-date this fall when I switch pipes.
How did they backup the "pipes are probably causing the vibration' statement?? I'm interested to know because you're not the only person in the country to install those pipes on same model/yr bike. Have NEVER heard anyone prove pipes were the cause of a vibration. I think I would have debated that with him. I'm sure they install several sets of V&H pipes a week on harleys with zero issues.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:27 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
How did they backup the "pipes are probably causing the vibration' statement?? I'm interested to know because you're not the only person in the country to install those pipes on same model/yr bike. Have NEVER heard anyone prove pipes were the cause of a vibration. I think I would have debated that with him. I'm sure they install several sets of V&H pipes a week on harleys with zero issues.
I didn't push it because he had already told me HD wont cover motor vibe issues with after market pipes on. At that point I saw no reason to stand there and argue with him. But like you, I find it very hard to believe. Only thing I can see to do now is to switch out the pipes. Maybe I could try another Dealer too, I will look in to that. This is the quote from the guy that drove it { with pipes like you have, the vibration could be considered normal and most likely that's what Harley will say anyway }

Last edited by GPHDXLC; 09-01-2010 at 07:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Dealer said 09-10 Dyna bad vibration normal