Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer said 09-10 Dyna bad vibration normal

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 03:06 PM
ghostflames
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2010 is without question the smoothest motorcycle I have ever ridden. Given I only have about 1100 miles on it, but before the louder exhaust i was worreid i might fall asleep. Now at idle it vibrates the hell out of the handlebars but cruising or accelleration i notice nothing.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:11 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 357 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by ghostflames
My 2010 is without question the smoothest motorcycle I have ever ridden. Given I only have about 1100 miles on it, but before the louder exhaust i was worreid i might fall asleep. Now at idle it vibrates the hell out of the handlebars but cruising or accelleration i notice nothing.
Thank you, that's very interesting, and that's what I was expecting all so.

Last edited by GPHDXLC; 05-13-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:33 PM
tonygret
Tourer

I complained about the same thing. They told me it's normal. It's actually not too bad after 3000 miles now. Although i never cruise about 3700 RPM so i cant speak to that.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:47 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by tonygret
I complained about the same thing. They told me it's normal. It's actually not too bad after 3000 miles now. Although i never cruise about 3700 RPM so i cant speak to that.
OK, So you have a 09 and did complain about vibration and was told it's normal. Did they tell you the 09-10 have the most problems?
I never cruise over 3200 rpm my self, and I don't have vibration problems when cruising. So is yours like mine, only vibrates bad when you take it up to a higher rpm to shift up? Evey so often we like to race a little and to do that I need to get my rpm up to the 5000 range to shift up. With all the vibs I get from my motor as it runs up close to 4200 to shift up it feels like the motor is going to vibrate off the frame, and me with it. Like I said my service manger said with close to 900 miles on her I'm safe now to go out and have a little fun with it. I will find out this Sunday what will happen when I take it a little past the 4200 rpm to shift up. Maybe it's possible after the 4200 spot it will smooth back down...but I really don't think so. What really bugs me is my Sportster motor was way smoother then my Dyna when I ran the rpm up. That just don't seem normal to me.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Rangerdan
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same thing here with my 2010 SB. I even get some handlebar vibration when riding with one hand (cant realy feel it though, just see it in my mirror). But other than that nothing.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:50 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rangerdan
Same thing here with my 2010 SB. I even get some handlebar vibration when riding with one hand (cant realy feel it though, just see it in my mirror). But other than that nothing.
Thanks, that's another new Dyna with out to much vibs. I'm having trouble with my Dealer telling me he thinks Harley put stiffer motor mounts on the 09-10's

Old 05-13-2010, 08:52 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rangerdan
Just curious - what were your former bikes? While I don't have what I consider to be excessive vibration from my 07 FXDB it is by no means the smoothest bike I've ridden. My 04 FLHTI and 09 FLHTC and even my 02 Shadow 750 ACE were certainly smoother. Now my 82 FXRS and a friend's Ural have much more vibration than the Dyna. It's all relative - need to put comparative statements into context.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:59 PM
HDHornet
Road Warrior

I don't notice much vibration on my 10 Street Bob although my girlfriend says it vibrates more than my 05 Sportster.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:02 PM
layne
Cruiser

I have about 4,700 on my '09 Low Rider and have run it up to 5200 a few times just to get a giggle. It seems smooth to me anywhere off idle. It is interesting to me though that my right mirror is rock solid even at highway speeds but my left mirror is buzzy pretty much 100% of the time. Back on topic, after seeing this post, I ran it up to the 4000 range specifically to see if I would notice any vibration and didn't...

Old 05-13-2010, 09:10 PM
widestglidest
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My 10 FXDWG shakes like a wet dog at idle but smooths right out once I get going with no noticeable rough spots throughout the RPM range. only thing I have done is thunder baffles and gutted stock mufflers.

Quick Reply: Dealer said 09-10 Dyna bad vibration normal