Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

true trac, exhaust mod, and front shim at the same time.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 08:23 PM
N-gin
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default true trac, exhaust mod, and front shim at the same time.

Did the front motoer mount mod with my true trac install. After installing the front shim I had to tighten the front plate for the true track to the same frame brace. Adding the washer had moved the plate for true trac out of position because the on part of the TT bolts to the motor mount the other to the frame. SO only half of the stop bolt was in line with the TT. didnt think to much of it as half of the bolt was still there.
Upon removing the rear mount for the TT noticed the the rear mount was out of place about the same distance as the front shim for the front motor mount. hmmmm. OH well kept moving forward. Finally instaled everything and started up the scoot. didnt really notice a difference in vibration. seemed the same. So I took it out for a spin. noticed more vibration in the foot pegs, and more mid throttle vibration.... What the hell. Well looks like Im going to take the front shim back out and see what happens. Maybe I didnt need one??

As for the exhaust I drilled out the rivets, pulled the baffles out and took the fiberglass wrap out. Slid the baffles back in and sounds like the original sound of the bike just louder. definatly like it. Not to lud to annoy the neigbors but definatly a head turner. just like if you were to turn up the radio a couple of notches.

As for the TT love the way the bike handles on the freeway. A whole lot better. still feel a lil sway but absolutely more stable. If Im going straight no sway at all even if I hit bumps. Before I would feel it sway. Before I could feel the bike constantly moving around under me, after the TT its like its on a rail. Awesome mod. Worth every penny. I paid $305 to the front door with HDforum discount.

Now its time to get the Super Brace.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:27 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Did you ride your bike after the TT install, but before shimming?

Old 05-13-2010, 06:08 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by N-gin

Now its time to get the Super Brace.
On the fatbob, you will get better value for your money by investing on a set of Ricor intiminators than a fork brace. With large diameter forks, the brace provides little if any benefit besides style. Next step would be rear shocks then tires.