Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new bike colors for 2011Fat Bob HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 10:43 AM
scottie dosen't know
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new bike colors for 2011Fat Bob HELP

Ok I am a new rider I just ordered a new 2011 Fat Bob. I ordered it in Red Ho Sunglo. I just got an e-mail saying they dropped that color. They gave me a list of the 2011 colors to pick from but I have no idea what the colors look like. So if anyone had to chose a color blind what would you pick here is the list White Hot Denim, Cool Blue Pear, and Sedona Orange. They are keeping the denim Black and high gloss Black. The good thing is once the colors are out to be seen and I like one more than the other one I can change but it will delay my delivery date. I am leaning towards the Cool Blue Pearl or the Sedona Orange I don't want black there are too many black ones out there and everyone at work has black.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:51 AM
plutnicki
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

IMHO, HD's "Blues" tend to look either too bright, or too purple for my tastes. Orange could be cool. White Denim sounds too much like "primer" to me.

Given the choices, I'd personally go for black (safe color), and change later only if one of the other colors really appealed to me, and I was willing to move out the delivery date for it.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:00 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

i'm interested by the white hot denim.

it could look kick *** or ugly as ***.

if you go that route, i hope it's the former and not the latter.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:35 AM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can stop in to the dealer and look at the color, they have samples. I've seen the sedona orange and it kinda resembles the old aztec orange. I didn't see the dyna colors, but I did see the colors available for street glides.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Punchsmack
Road Captain

If I was in your position (not wanting black) I'd reserve the White Hot Denim and wait to confirm the look (and accept the longer delivery date).

Blues........I don't know. I just don't see many that I like. I did like the Blue Denim from 09 though.

The Orange....jeez, it could be awesome or vibrant napalm ugly.

White would be the safer of the three IMO.

Then again.....I'd still want Denim Black. :-)

Old 05-11-2010, 12:00 PM
scottie dosen't know
2nd Gear

I would love to stop in a store but there lies the problem I am on my 5th deployment and in Iraq right now so I won't be picking my bike up until Oct. Just wanted to know if anyone has seen the new colors yet. This will be my first Harley So not real sure on the older colors.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:23 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nothing more stunning than a great Blue bike with that flash of Chrome. The White Denim will probably be a matte white finish. Don't know about the Orange.
Red Devil is right. Ask the Dealer to see the Color Chips. Maybe a loved one can stop by a dealer to take a photo of the colors and sent them to you??? I ordered my bike in October of 2006, with special colors available for production only in April and May of 2007........and they had the chips. Be sure to ask if they can take the chips outside to photograph them in the sunlight.

Gloss Black and Chrome looks great, but you're absolutely right.....EVERYONE seems to be jumping on the BLACK BANDWAGON. Not only that, but black is hard to keep "LOOKING" clean in my opinion.......just like a black car. Being in Iraq & having a home base in Vegas I'm sure you know about trying to keep things "clean" and "dust free"

Let us know what color you've decided on!! Stay safe, Thanks for your Service.... and know we support you and the other Troops 110%

Last edited by LWOS; 05-11-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:35 PM
ryanlberg
Tourer

i say White Hot Denim, or Sedona Orange

Old 05-11-2010, 01:04 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,036 Likes on 774 Posts

This is a real long shot, but if the dealer had a leftover in a color you like, maybe they would be willing to swap the tins. I know, that's a lot of unknowns, but it's been done before.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:09 PM
Bear_925
Tourer

Guess what color I like... but if you get Orange, I've seen a few lately, you'll show up better on the highway.

Quick Reply: new bike colors for 2011Fat Bob HELP