Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help Choosing a Seat

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Big Green
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LWOS
Man, if you can find a Mustang 2 up for under 300........that's a great buy.

Make sure to post some pic's of your new seat on that Low Rider!!! Would love to see her.

Happy Riding and stay safe out there!!!
Need Help Choosing a Seat-harley.jpg

Don't worry, the toy beamer behind it is NOT mine.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:48 PM
skunk ape
Advanced

I had a Badlander seat as well on my 06 Street Bob and although it looked good, it killed my back.
I went to a RallyRunner seat from H-D. It has the nice low cut looks of the badlander but has much better back support and a better pad for the passenger.
Not a touring seat by any means but an option nonetheless.
I'm looking to sell it because my back went bad this spring and I need a big padded touring style seat if I want to ride at all this season.
Here's a pic of the rally runner on the bike.
Seats are tough because everybody's different

Attached Thumbnails Need Help Choosing a Seat-p1010088.jpg   Need Help Choosing a Seat-p1010089.jpg  
Old 05-11-2010, 11:21 PM
Royce
Stellar HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Ditto on LWOS's comment, that's a great deal on a Mustang 2 up! Good luck and definitely post pics regardless of what seat you end up with.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Big Green
Advanced

Originally Posted by skunk ape
I had a Badlander seat as well on my 06 Street Bob and although it looked good, it killed my back.
I went to a RallyRunner seat from H-D. It has the nice low cut looks of the badlander but has much better back support and a better pad for the passenger.
Not a touring seat by any means but an option nonetheless.
I'm looking to sell it because my back went bad this spring and I need a big padded touring style seat if I want to ride at all this season.
Here's a pic of the rally runner on the bike.
Seats are tough because everybody's different
I noticed that you've got the detachable sissy bar, but WITHOUT the turn signal relocation kit. How did you achieve that? I've been told it's impossible on my 07?

Old 05-11-2010, 11:51 PM
wizzerd
Advanced

Hi- I have a Danny Grey big seat solo seat that I took off my lowrider. It makes me too tall. Might be just the ticket for you. If you are interested, I can send you photos, or you can look it up on Danny Grey web site. I'll sell this seat for $125. It is like new condition.
Thanks- Carol

Last edited by wizzerd; 05-12-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:19 AM
Big Green
Advanced

Originally Posted by wizzerd
Hi- I have a Danny Grey big seat solo seat that I took off my lowrider. It makes me too tall. Might be just the ticket for you. If you are interested, I can send you photos, or you can look it up on Danny Grey web site. I'll sell this seat for $125. It is like new condition.
Thanks- Carol
1muse at comcast dot net
Thanks for the thought, but I looked at the seat and it will not sit me far back enough.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Big Green
Advanced

Quick thanks to everyone that helped me out. I should have seen this coming, but... like the bike, I went over my budget.

It made the most sense to kill two birds with one stone and spend an extra $100 getting a dynamite seat that would move me back as opposed to extending the forward controls. I went with (per one of your suggestions) the Le Pera Maverick - Daddy Long Legs. Puts the rider back 2". I might need to tweak the mini apes, but should fit the bill perfectly for myself, my bike, and a passenger.

I fooled myself into thinking that I was 'saving' money by not doing a detachable sissy bar now and going rigid. Found some cheap parts on e-bay, just need to get the sideplate kit now!

Thanks again - this forum is great.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:51 PM
skunk ape
Advanced

Originally Posted by Big Green
I noticed that you've got the detachable sissy bar, but WITHOUT the turn signal relocation kit. How did you achieve that? I've been told it's impossible on my 07?
I don't know about the 07, but I simply got the H-D kit and that's how it comes out.
06 thru 08 uses the same hardware so your 07 .
The turn signal kit is this:

Directional Relocation Kit

Required for installation of Detachable Sideplate Kit P/N 52866-06 on DynaŽ models without saddlebags.

53968-06C

Fits '06-later FXD, FXDB, FXDC, FXDL and FXDSE models.

MSRP US $34.95

Last edited by skunk ape; 05-12-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:16 PM
Big Green
Advanced

Originally Posted by skunk ape
I don't know about the 07, but I simply got the H-D kit and that's how it comes out.
06 thru 08 uses the same hardware so your 07 .
The turn signal kit is this:

Directional Relocation Kit

Required for installation of Detachable Sideplate Kit P/N 52866-06 on DynaŽ models without saddlebags.

53968-06C

Fits '06-later FXD, FXDB, FXDC, FXDL and FXDSE models.

MSRP US $34.95

You just made my day!!! I was told by 3 different f'ing dealerships that there was no possible way to do detachable sideplates without the relocation kit, which of course they want 2 hours of labor for. A-holes.

Thank you!

Old 05-12-2010, 11:20 PM
skunk ape
Advanced

It is called a relocation kit #53968-06C but it doesn't really relocate 'em. they come out just like mine

Quick Reply: Need Help Choosing a Seat