Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered my Power Commander from FuelMoto

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010 | 02:41 PM
CRF
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Ordered my Power Commander from FuelMoto

Just ordered it on Friday. Seem like excellent guys to deal with and had answers to all my questions. Install doesn't look too difficult but you guys will be the first to hear if I get stumped!!!!

Old 05-10-2010 | 02:48 PM
Redbeard
Stellar HDF Member

I had a PCIII from them on my 06 and it worked great and install wasn't too bad.
I'm about to order a PC5 for my 10, and I'm looking forward to an even easier install since it's smaller.
But yeah, two thumbs up for Jamie and FuelMoto.

Old 05-10-2010 | 03:21 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Its a pretty easy install just kind of a pain working in small spaces to run the harness and reroute the stock plug. Many take the battery out so you can work from the other side which helps.

I did mine then installed one on a buddies Rocker and the Dyna is much easier.

Old 05-10-2010 | 07:19 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior

Fuelmoto provides a good product if you decide you want to hang an extra module onto the bike and cripple the ECU. The PCV is not for everyone, but does provide decent raw power and grins. If you want to dial the engine in closer, a dyno tuner with the right software can do it pretty quickly, but fuelmoto stuff is usually good enough. And if not good enough, he will work with you.

Otherwise, for late model bikes and the DIYer, there are better ways to get a spot on smooth, power or mpg optimized tune, as well as having a tool to quickly adapt the tune to mods for another $100 or so.

Old 05-10-2010 | 08:29 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member

FuelMoto kicks ****. I ordered the PCV from them for my Road King and they got it spot on. I'm sure I could have it dialed in even more if I wanted to spend the $ to have it Dyno'd, but the bike runs so good now, I don't see the need.

Old 05-11-2010 | 05:55 AM
leepetersusn
Tourer

Yep, I have nothing but good things to say about FuelMoto and their products and customer service. My bike runs soooo much better now than before.

Old 05-11-2010 | 08:00 AM
SuperglideKen
Road Captain

I just put on the PC V along with the Heavy Breather and SideShots. It's got the power but I'm getting a bit of decel griggling and a little backfiring. I'm going to tighten my exhaust before calling in for any adjustments. Any other ideas?

Attached Thumbnails Ordered my Power Commander from FuelMoto-bike2.jpg  
Old 05-11-2010 | 12:18 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned

Originally Posted by ColdCase
Otherwise, for late model bikes and the DIYer, there are better ways to get a spot on smooth, power or mpg optimized tune, as well as having a tool to quickly adapt the tune to mods for another $100 or so.
OK, please fill us in on the better ways.
CB

Old 05-11-2010 | 12:47 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by CRF
Install doesn't look too difficult but you guys will be the first to hear if I get stumped!!!!
Like someone else mentioned - moving the battery out of the way will help. I didn't disconnect the battery - just pulled it out as far as it would come and that was enough. Same with the electrical panel - removed the bolts and slid it out until it ran out of slack.

Depending what else you have stuffed in there - it won't be bad, but it's snug. In addition to the PCV, I've got the USB cable, load equalizer, back off module, & battery tender harness all squeezed in there. And the PCV is mounted to the backbone of the frame.

Old 05-11-2010 | 04:05 PM
CRF
|
Outstanding HDF Member

No problem; I'll pull it all apart - battery out etc. One question for those that have done it though; the instructions say to attach the PC to the underside of the ECM but most people seem to have stuck it somewhere else..... is there a reason for that or is it just whatever works?

Quick Reply: Ordered my Power Commander from FuelMoto