Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 superglide FXD DONE !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010 | 08:39 AM
Maimas
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by NR4TW
Your "reliable source for sure," doesn't even know that H-D has already been offering a "Super Glide Custom" the FXDC for several years.
If you want to be specific, The Super Glide Custom is an FXDCI.

Old 05-10-2010 | 08:51 AM
Grendel4
Banned

In my area, there are several FXD's sitting on showroom floors. No FXDC's, but more than a few FXD's.

I can understand it. When I went in to look for my new Harley, I was expecting to buy an FXD, black, no frills. Then I saw the FXDC. For a $1,000 more, you get about $2,000 worth of stuff and a much dressier, cleaner, better chromed, more of a bargain motorcycle. IMO.

Nothing wrong with the FXD, IMO. Basic Big Twin. But the FXDC? At the time, it was no contest. Not even close. Not even in the same Solar System close.

It's about value and 'price point.' Like I said, nothing wrong with the basic FXD. Just that the FXDC is a much better value (these days anyway) and so the FXD is languishing on showroom floors.

Old 05-10-2010 | 08:53 AM
NR4TW
Tourer

Originally Posted by Maimas
If you want to be specific, The Super Glide Custom is an FXDCI.
No, the Super Glide Custom is the FXDC, no I. Harley-Davidson dropped the I on the model designations after they stopped offering bikes with carbs, and went to all fuel injection. If you want to be specific.

Old 05-10-2010 | 09:29 AM
Maimas
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by NR4TW
No, the Super Glide Custom is the FXDC, no I. Harley-Davidson dropped the I on the model designations after they stopped offering bikes with carbs, and went to all fuel injection. If you want to be specific.

Ummm... Sorry, youre wrong... My 05 was FI and was an FXDCI

Old 05-10-2010 | 11:05 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member

Right in '05 harley was still offering carb'd bikes, also in '06. The "I" was dropped in '07 when carbs were no longer offered.

Old 05-10-2010 | 11:10 AM
murphdog
Road Master

In '05 fuel injection was an option, hence the 'I'. Fuel injection became standard in '06 and the 'I' went away.

Old 05-10-2010 | 03:00 PM
Redbeard
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Grendel4
In my area, there are several FXD's sitting on showroom floors. No FXDC's, but more than a few FXD's.

I can understand it. When I went in to look for my new Harley, I was expecting to buy an FXD, black, no frills. Then I saw the FXDC. For a $1,000 more, you get about $2,000 worth of stuff and a much dressier, cleaner, better chromed, more of a bargain motorcycle. IMO.

Nothing wrong with the FXD, IMO. Basic Big Twin. But the FXDC? At the time, it was no contest. Not even close. Not even in the same Solar System close.

It's about value and 'price point.' Like I said, nothing wrong with the basic FXD. Just that the FXDC is a much better value (these days anyway) and so the FXD is languishing on showroom floors.
I agree the Custom is a smokin' deal. But not everyone wants chrome, and I figure Harley kept the FXD around to say they offered a Dyna under $12,000.

Old 05-10-2010 | 04:11 PM
cutter4292
Cruiser

I just got the 2010 FXD. The selling points for me were the $1000 less, and tubeless tires. Ive had it with tubes and flats. Always away from home and on a sunday. and no place is open to get it repaired. With the tubeless I can use a can of fix a flat and a plug to get home. And Iam not into cleaning chrome. I got it to ride not clean. I went to look at a street bob but after sitting on it for a few minites my arms were getting tired. I guess iam getting too old to have my arms hanging in the wind. I do like it a lot.

Old 05-10-2010 | 06:17 PM
AlFoley
Intermediate

In the showroom here in Carrollton, they have 3 10 Wideglides, 2 Superglides, 3 StreetBobs, 2 Fatbobs. Typically 2-3 used Dyna's. They seem to be moving them. I bought my 08 Superglide, because of the chrome, and happen to like the spoke wheels vs the cast ones. It does seem to be a matter of preference, chrome vs blacked out.

Old 05-10-2010 | 06:22 PM
blackmopar
Road Captain

right idea but wrong way of going about it - i for one think they should reduce all of the bullshit and offer one base package in each of their model lines - one glide (ok maybe a mid and a wide) one softail, one sportster, etc that are "customizable' with factory parts or buy as is and let the buyer go aftermarket like 99% do anyway - that would reduce their overhead and maybe offer a cheaper bike to the consumer

Quick Reply: 2011 superglide FXD DONE !!!!