Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 superglide FXD DONE !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010 | 08:33 PM
Bones77
Road Captain

I'm surprised. There are like zero dynas in showrooms in my area. If there are any they're bobs.

Bones

Old 05-09-2010 | 08:35 PM
roadrashburns
Novice

Well this makes me sad. I just bought a 2010fxd....well at least it might end up a collector item but i doubt it.

Old 05-09-2010 | 09:31 PM
NR4TW
Tourer

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Read this thread. This is a reliable source for sure. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ed-models.html
Call me Thomas and pretend I'm from Missouri. What makes the guy in that thread "a reliable source for sure."

Old 05-09-2010 | 10:54 PM
Zepfan
Advanced

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Harley trims back its Dyna line even more, as the economy continues to sour. Touring, softails, and sportsters sell better.

Sucks. I chose an '09 superglide since it was the least expensive big-twin, and I didn't care about the tank-mounted speedo and two-up saddle of the FXDC.

Old 05-09-2010 | 11:07 PM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member

The Low Rider had a unique tank; that means it costs more than paint/chrome to produce, so it's a good candidate to get cut 'cause it's not re-finished and used on another bike like so many other parts are; same for the rear fender on the Wide Glide.....as for a "sport" Dyna; who would buy it??? Lets see how the Sporties do...the dark customs are probably a good return on the money for the MoCo..maybe a "Dark Custom" Dyna for people to graduate up to...just like the old days at GM...

Old 05-10-2010 | 12:19 AM
Centerline
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jaysonL
I just read in Cruiser Magazine , that the MoCo is expected to "release a new street fighter model" this summer . I immediately thought of the FXDX with a quarter fairing . But I suspect it wont be performance oriented . But , rather just a cosmetically altered Dyna of some sort .
"StreetFighter" a StreetFighter did I read. Nah, Ducati already has a real streetfighter (V-Twin 1098cc, 155HP, 85ftlbs, 370lbs)...not a wannabe

Old 05-10-2010 | 12:35 AM
NR4TW
Tourer

Originally Posted by sharkey
. . . maybe a "Dark Custom" Dyna . . .
I'll ignore the fact there is nothing really "custom" about any production Harley (dark or not), and say that I thought the Street Bob and Fat Bob were part of what H-D likes to call it's "Dark Custom" bikes. Isn't that why they have the blacked out primary cover, cam cover, transmission side cover, etc?

Anyway, I'd still like to know what makes the source of this rumor "a reliable source for sure."

Old 05-10-2010 | 08:00 AM
creep1
|
Road Captain

Its reliable !! Why are you so skepticale ?

Old 05-10-2010 | 08:06 AM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Centerline
"StreetFighter" a StreetFighter did I read. Nah, Ducati already has a real streetfighter (V-Twin 1098cc, 155HP, 85ftlbs, 370lbs)...not a wannabe
I just reread the article last night . It said "There are to be several street fighter models to be released soon . Particularly from Harley , and Honda " .

Old 05-10-2010 | 08:30 AM
NR4TW
Tourer

Originally Posted by creep1
Its reliable !! Why are you so skepticale ?
Simply saying it's reliable proves nothing. As for why I'm skeptical (proper spelling), there are many reasons, not the least of which is your alleged "reliable source for sure" doesn't even know the current H-D offerings as evidenced by this post:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ml#post6631699
Originally Posted by dawg
Yea but if you think about it, they said the road glide was gone in 2010, but they just called it the road glide custom. So, they might have the super glide, but just called something like a super glide custom or something. Just meaning that the standard super glide might be gone.
Your "reliable source for sure," doesn't even know that H-D has already been offering a "Super Glide Custom" the FXDC for several years.

So maybe his info is spot on, but maybe it's just a rumor with nothing to back it up. I know it's shocking to you that someone might question unverified information posted on the internet, but maybe you haven't heard that occasionally rumors, BS, and outright lies get posted on the internet. So I'm skeptical in general, but I'm very skeptical in particular about things like this, especially when your "reliable source for sure" doesn't even know what the current model lineup is when discussing the possible future models.

Last edited by NR4TW; 05-10-2010 at 08:32 AM.

Quick Reply: 2011 superglide FXD DONE !!!!