Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 05:09 AM
BETTY-BOB
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default V&H Pipes

Okay, I got a set of black short shots second hand & now I am checking out intake filters...does anyone have the Drak VO2 they make? If so, what are you opinions? http://www.vanceandhines.com/product...drakcover.html I have also heard of the ness big sucker...any info will be appreciated. TIA!

Old 05-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with the Ness big sucker. I think it is a cleaner look. Also has the built in breather vents. Go with what you think looks good- both are a good choice.
Good luck with your decision.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:16 PM
BETTY-BOB
Road Captain

Thanks ZIG ZAG, your stock cover fits over the big sucker right? Why do some have them on their bikes "open". I know air flow is improved but I would think it would mean way more cleaning...it's just too dusty where I live & what happens if you get caught in a downpour? It definitely looks better "naked"! I just wish the V&H's website would show what the high flow filter looked like under that cover.

I bought the pipes and wanted to install them & get the A/C & programmer later, from what I've read that isn't possible. I don't fully understand, why is it any different than a vehicle?...you can do all of those at once or one at a time, can anyone educate me?

Old 05-08-2010, 07:34 PM
freeflyr25
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Betty-Bob,

I'm in the middle of getting pipes/tuner/filter also. I'm a noob to modding HD's, but from what I've read in these forums most say you can add just pipes or just cleaner without the need to tune immediately. once you do the intake and exhaust you'll need the tune.

somebody smarter than me might be able to verify that, but I think you're ok to throw those pipes on.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:37 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

You absolutely can do pipes alone . Then when you're ready , add the a/c and tuner later . The o2 sensors on a Harley are narrow band , as opposed to the more advanced sensors on a car . Also the ECM on your bike has a limited "learnability" (so to speak) .

Old 05-08-2010, 08:25 PM
BETTY-BOB
Road Captain

No sh*t!!!! I can put the pipes on now? then wait for the other 2 things! Now that is in my budget. Thank you so much for the info!

Old 05-08-2010, 08:38 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Yep , pipes alone is a very common mod . Your dealer should back that info up too . Some don't , just to push the HD down load , which is a waste of money .

Old 05-08-2010, 08:56 PM
t37
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with V&H side shots, and VO2 ac kit, I did not get the tuner for about 2 months the bike ran great with out it.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:10 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BETTY-BOB
Thanks ZIG ZAG, your stock cover fits over the big sucker right?

I bought the pipes and wanted to install them & get the A/C & programmer later, from what I've read that isn't possible. I don't fully understand, why is it any different than a vehicle?...you can do all of those at once or one at a time, can anyone educate me?
Pipes alone is fine with the ecm betty bob ,but word to the wise,if you get a big sucker down the road don't put the stock cover over it, it is much too heavy. i did that last year and the core of the air filter , where the cover bolts into the center was ripping right the F out on me! I had to have my filter welded alomost right around. I use it for a spare now. Furthermore in case of rain they sell a water resistant sock that fits around the filter for 50$--ouch! I only used mine once but carry it at all times in a saddlebag.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:35 PM
BETTY-BOB
Road Captain

Originally Posted by t37
I went with V&H side shots, and VO2 ac kit, I did not get the tuner for about 2 months the bike ran great with out it.
thanks t37, that is great news! Do you have any close up pics of your ac cover? And/or possibly what the filter looks like under it? EDIT > never mind the pics, I looked at your albums and found what I was looking for.

Last edited by BETTY-BOB; 05-08-2010 at 10:46 PM. Reason: add info

Quick Reply: V&H Pipes