Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 09:41 PM
BETTY-BOB
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by maddghost
Pipes alone is fine with the ecm betty bob ,but word to the wise,if you get a big sucker down the road don't put the stock cover over it, it is much too heavy. i did that last year and the core of the air filter , where the cover bolts into the center was ripping right the F out on me! I had to have my filter welded alomost right around. I use it for a spare now. Furthermore in case of rain they sell a water resistant sock that fits around the filter for 50$--ouch! I only used mine once but carry it at all times in a saddlebag.
thank you for that very valuable information because I would have done that if I go that route... because it says on their site your stock cover will fit over the big sucker.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you use the link you posted, then click on naked you will see an exploded view of the air cleaner.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:29 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by maddghost
but word to the wise,if you get a big sucker down the road don't put the stock cover over it, it is much too heavy. i did that last year and the core of the air filter , where the cover bolts into the center

+1
I had my stock air cleaner cover come off at about 85mph in Flagstaff, AZ on my way to Laughlin. The cover ripped a perfect circle where it bolts to the cheap *** Arlen Ness air filter. I had to duct tape the hole and continue on. I ended up purchasing a new K&N Hi Flow air filter that looks to be more reinforced where the bolt holding the cleaner cover connects. Be sure to attach the foam gasket to the filter where the air cleaner makes contact before you tighten it up. This will help with vibration. I did not reuse the stock cleaner cover as it is much too big and catches a lot of air which caused excessive vibration on the air filter connection it's self. I went with a round HD cover that only covers the air filter and is nice and secure. I'll post some pics maybe tomorrow to show what it looks like.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:31 PM
BETTY-BOB
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Zig Zag 2010
If you use the link you posted, then click on naked you will see an exploded view of the air cleaner.
DUH! (I am a blonde!) Thanks man.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:34 PM
BETTY-BOB
Road Captain

Originally Posted by confederate
+1
I'll post some pics maybe tomorrow to show what it looks like.
Would love it if you get the chance!

Old 05-09-2010, 05:30 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Here ya go Betty Bob. It's nothin fancy, but it is a hell of a lot better than the stocker. Especially considering that the dealer gave it to me free after I showed him what happened.

Attached Thumbnails V&H Pipes-hd-round-air-cleaner-1.jpg   V&H Pipes-hd-round-air-cleaner-2.jpg  
Old 05-09-2010, 06:24 PM
BETTY-BOB
Road Captain

WOW Confederate, that REALLY looks good! Thanks for posting the pics. Hmmm, definitely another option...me likey.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:05 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

mine

Old 05-09-2010, 07:24 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by BETTY-BOB
No sh*t!!!! I can put the pipes on now? then wait for the other 2 things! Now that is in my budget. Thank you so much for the info!
Yup, and that's actually the smartest way to do it in my opinion. Put the pipes on first and see how the bike performs. Then go with the AC and fuel management and compare. It's easier to troubleshoot when you do mods one step at a time. If you do it all at once and and your bike performs one way or another (ie: loss/gain in torque) you won't know for sure if it's the pipes or the AC/fuel management. It also allows buys you time to save more money. Good luck!

Old 05-09-2010, 08:31 PM
BETTY-BOB
Road Captain

Originally Posted by T-Dub
mine

OOOH, looks bad a**! Love the cover, my leather jacket is Willie G. What brand filter is that...Screamin' Eagle, K&N, what?

Quick Reply: V&H Pipes