Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scavenger Oil Change on a Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 08:29 PM
davidnewtonparr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any dyna owners use this with the V&H BR either 2-2 or 2-1... looks like I would have to remove the exhaust to make this work. Is it worth it?

Old 05-09-2010, 10:52 PM
AFHuey
Cruiser

@davidnewtonparr - I'm guessing that you would have to. Anything that impedes you from removing the filler neck is going to give you problems with this setup. Let's put it this way, if you have problems removing your oil dipstick without burning your fingers on the pipes....or if you can't remove your filler neck with a 4" allen key, you will have to remove your rear pipe (or both pipes if it's a 2 into 1).

Old 05-12-2010, 04:13 PM
Wonkaboy
Banned

I definably like the system but eventually the inside aluminium threads are going to wear out and become loose then you'll be in trouble , i would do it maybe every other oil change ....

Last edited by Wonkaboy; 05-12-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:27 PM
AFHuey
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Wonkaboy
I definably like the system but eventually the inside aluminium threads are going to wear out and become loose then you'll be in trouble , i would do it maybe every other oil change ....
What? How often are you changing your oil? Seriously. I am going to be doing oil changes for my friends on their bikes, so I'll let you know if anything like this occurs, but seriously....I do not think that the threads will wear down anytime soon. That's like saying, your threads in your oil pan are going to wear out because you have a steel drain plug and an aluminum pan. I mean...come on.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Wonkaboy
Banned

Originally Posted by AFHuey
What? How often are you changing your oil? Seriously. I am going to be doing oil changes for my friends on their bikes, so I'll let you know if anything like this occurs, but seriously....I do not think that the threads will wear down anytime soon. That's like saying, your threads in your oil pan are going to wear out because you have a steel drain plug and an aluminum pan. I mean...come on.

Don't forget it's a Harley !

Old 05-12-2010, 06:17 PM
AFHuey
Cruiser

Wow...I am seriously dumber now. This has gone from an informational post to a deinformational post.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Wonkaboy
Banned

Originally Posted by AFHuey
Wow...I am seriously dumber now. This has gone from an informational post to a deinformational post.

You said not me ,don't take it personal not everybody is going to agree with ones information/suggestions or feedback on the forum.

Last edited by Wonkaboy; 05-12-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:07 PM
watchluvr4ever
Road Captain

Wonka, what threads are you talking about?

Old 05-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Wonkaboy
Banned

Originally Posted by watchluvr4ever
Wonka, what threads are you talking about?

I guess that you did not read the ones that i have which are thousands since i joined , i have seen many feedbacks , criticism , etc., sorry i can't please everybody and agree with everything I read on here , do you ? Besides your off topic now it's all about the Scavenger oil change kit !

Last edited by Wonkaboy; 05-12-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:39 PM
watchluvr4ever
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Wonkaboy
I guess that you did not read the ones that i have which are thousands since i joined , i have seen many feedbacks , criticism , etc., sorry i can't please everybody and agree with everything I read on here , do you ? Besides your off topic now it's all about the Scavenger oil change kit !
I asked because I'm really not sure what you are referencing to. I like my Scavenger but just found out that I can't use it anymore because my 2-1 pipes get in the way and I can't even remove the allen bolt from the filler neck.

Quick Reply: Scavenger Oil Change on a Street Bob