Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want chrome dash for 08 Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 11:05 PM
Freetime
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Yasky1997
I had mine chromed and I love it. I think it was around $125. I believe you can buy it from harley also as the 2008 S/E Dyna had a chrome dash but you would also have to relocate the ignition switch to the dash. For $75 bucks Joes option looks pretty good. I would like to see crome powder in person to see how it looks.
Where did you get yours chromed at? I am curious to see what the powder version looks like. I have been hunting all over for an extra dash just to have as a back up. Good thing there is a swap meet to go to this weekend.
Thanks

Old 04-18-2012, 11:23 PM
Yasky1997
Tourer

Originally Posted by Freetime
Where did you get yours chromed at? I am curious to see what the powder version looks like. I have been hunting all over for an extra dash just to have as a back up. Good thing there is a swap meet to go to this weekend.
Thanks
I had it done locally in Villa Park IL. They do great work and the prices are very reasonable. I would have to look up the name if you need more info.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:02 AM
Freetime
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Yasky1997
I had it done locally in Villa Park IL. They do great work and the prices are very reasonable. I would have to look up the name if you need more info.
When you get the chance that would be great. I have talked to a couple places and they said they would not do plastic.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:26 AM
Yasky1997
Tourer

When you get the chance that would be great. I have talked to a couple places and they said they would not do plastic.
I will look it up but as far as your dash goes I do not think it is plastic. I know on my 07 Street Bob it was steel with a black wrinkle finish. Not sure but I think the 08 is the same.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Freetime
Intermediate

It is metal. There was a slight chip at the front so I assumed it was plastic. I was even just looking for a replacement one and have found nothing online. Could use a little extra chrome. Like the look of the larger headlight on yours. Mine is actually an 07 also. Purchased Road 6 Customs 12" bars and front signal relocation mounts. So I am going to have to slow down for the summer so I can get riding.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:01 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I swapped mine out for the S/E version which requires that you relocate the ignition to the dash. Frankly that was my primary motive - hated the frame mounted ignition and love the ability to ride with the key in my pocket. Does cost more than p/c or chroming though.

As soon as I get a few extra bucks I'm going to add the TSSM security module so I can park and walk away without even locking the ignition, just like I do on my Fatboy and did on my old EGlide.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Freetime
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Taddeoeg
I swapped mine out for the S/E version which requires that you relocate the ignition to the dash. Frankly that was my primary motive - hated the frame mounted ignition and love the ability to ride with the key in my pocket. Does cost more than p/c or chroming though.

As soon as I get a few extra bucks I'm going to add the TSSM security module so I can park and walk away without even locking the ignition, just like I do on my Fatboy and did on my old EGlide.
How much did the SE version cost you? Been trying to find prices online with no luck.
Nice collection!

Old 04-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

How much did the SE version cost you? Been trying to find prices online with no luck.
Nice collection!
Used to have a complete list of p/n's and prices but I can't find it. Here's a thread that shows my bike after the change: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...tion-relo.html

And if you go to post 22 in this thread vladt lists the p/n's he used: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...eet-bob-3.html

In that last thread I posted that Zanotti prices at the time totalled about 300. Not cheap, but IMO well worth it both for looks and convenience.

Thanks re: Nice collection. The EG is gone now, replaced with an 09 Fatboy. The yellow 07 Fatboy and the 2000 Lowrider next to it in the pic are my g/f's. Need to take a new pic but with six bikes there's always something more important to do, or ride to, than take pics!

Last edited by Taddeoeg; 04-19-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Yasky1997
Tourer

It is metal. There was a slight chip at the front so I assumed it was plastic. I was even just looking for a replacement one and have found nothing online. Could use a little extra chrome. Like the look of the larger headlight on yours. Mine is actually an 07 also. Purchased Road 6 Customs 12" bars and front signal relocation mounts. So I am going to have to slow down for the summer so I can get riding.
Thanks, the headlight is actually a cheap one I got off Ebay, but I like it.The place that did my plating done was Courtesy Metal Polishing, 735 N. Addison Rd. #B. Villa Park, IL 60181. 630-832-1862. I had my dask, upper belt guard, battery cover and electric cover chromed and the strut covers polished for just under 300. I didn't think that was too bad.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:19 PM
Freetime
Intermediate

Wow guys! Thanks for all the info! It is definitely appreciated!

Fortunately I have a friend that is a mechanic at the local Harley shop so I am going to see what kind of discount he can get for me.

@Taddeoeg - I had to name my bike also, it's Vanessa. I get a lot of why did you name your bike, because I treat her like a lady!

When I get done with my mods, I will post some pics.

Quick Reply: Want chrome dash for 08 Street Bob