Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn switchblades - just junk?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 07:23 AM
six_strng_slnger
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just ordered mine pick them up tom. Have heard of problems but i am planning on loctite. Hope they aren't junk!

Old 05-05-2010, 07:43 AM
leepetersusn
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set on my SB and like the way they look. I did use loctite and tightened them well. I haven't used the switchblades though. I tried adjusting them so they didn't flop out on their own, but it was either too tight or not tight enough. With them open, they are REALLY close to the road and I don't think I would trust them from rubbing in a corner. Granted, I have them positioned on my forward controls and they are rotated back to be comfortable when riding without the switchblades extened.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:47 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

They aren't junk,mine have been great for over a year now. for some reason the right side seems to rotate down a bit,but it's not a huge problem to re-adjust once every 6 months or so.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:01 AM
The Dean
Road Master

I looked at them but wanted forwards with floor boards. Didn't know they made them for a Dyna. Found them at V-Twin MFG. I will send some pictures when I get them on.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:13 AM
davidwideglide06
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cmiller1014
Man I really hate to get down on any company, but has anyone else installed these? Mine are constantly coming loose, and they just seem like junk.

I'd imagine a little loctite would make them much better but I still question the overall design and quality.

These are the type I have: http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go...ID/14/IMID/623

Any other opinions out there?
Me too. Had to take them off. Rubber started coming out of them and could not keep them tight. Was pretty disappointed in my set.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:21 AM
cmiller1014
Cruiser

Yep... they rotate down, they come lose, etc. I counted and there are SIX screws on each one that must be kept tight or they just rattle apart.

I am going to take mine all the way down today and loctite everything. That's if the groves that hold them in place haven't been completely stripped out.

I won't buy another pair. Can anyone suggest something that is more solid, and doesn't use 6 screws to hold it together?

Old 05-05-2010, 11:50 AM
army_eod
Road Warrior
Received 594 Likes on 292 Posts

Well if mine give me trouble they will go on eBay..LOL. Then I will look for something better

Old 05-05-2010, 12:27 PM
nitebobber08
Tourer

i thought about getting them but the n i found sa set at HD that i love.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:21 PM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by nitebobber08
i thought about getting them but the n i found sa set at hd that i love.
is that the h-d made switchblades... They dont call them that but the name is close i think. You got any pics installed i've seen them on the net, i've always wanted a pair a pegs that had this function!

Old 05-05-2010, 01:57 PM
MYKSHD
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have run them on my fatbob for 6000 miles and no big issues. The right one came loose for me at first, they should use a left hand thread bolt there as any real pressure will loosen the bolt. Just use a little loctite and torque it good, it will work. Mike

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn switchblades - just junk?