Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Options for Cast Wheel Front Rotor??

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010 | 12:07 PM
blackmopar
|
Road Captain
Default Aftermarket Options for Cast Wheel Front Rotor??

Trying to find if there is any options for Rotor on the 06up Cast 'Switchblade' Mag rims. I know the OEM part number is 44553-06A but I cant find any other options. Anyone??

Old 05-04-2010 | 12:10 PM
blackmopar
|
Road Captain

Heres a pic of the OEM - mounted (stole pic from a Mud thread)

Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket Options for Cast Wheel Front Rotor??-front-mag-rotor.jpg  
Old 05-04-2010 | 12:19 PM
blackmopar
|
Road Captain

or am i overthinking this and its as simple as finding any 5-button floating rotor and bailing the 'hub adapter'?

Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket Options for Cast Wheel Front Rotor??-ebc-rotor.jpg  
Old 05-04-2010 | 04:53 PM
blackmopar
|
Road Captain

ok so seems like not much interest here, but im learning more about by the hour so I figure ill post for someone who might give a schlitz.

from what i find so far, a standard 5 button full floating friction ring is not the right bolt dimension.

But it looks like Galfer makes a wave rotor friction ring (what I really wanted in first place) for the new Vrods - which I believe will work on my FXD Cast rim since the OEM Moco part numbers are interchangeable.

Cant find much on the internet about them, but have contacted Galfer direct for more info - Ill post once recieved - Im guessing not cheap!

Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket Options for Cast Wheel Front Rotor??-galfer-harley-wave-rotor.jpg  
Old 05-04-2010 | 06:37 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

I don't remember the actual size of the rotor but you'd want to find one similar in dimensions, first off since there really isn't any adjustment in where the caliper is located unless you plan on moving it up or down the lower.

I want to say it's 300mm but please don't quote me. You could measure it and then find rotors that are similar in size.

Old 05-04-2010 | 08:28 PM
blackmopar
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
I don't remember the actual size of the rotor but you'd want to find one similar in dimensions, first off since there really isn't any adjustment in where the caliper is located unless you plan on moving it up or down the lower.

I want to say it's 300mm but please don't quote me. You could measure it and then find rotors that are similar in size.
yea its not the outer diameter thats causing probs its how the cast front wheel is designed to mount it - it doesnt mount on the hub flange like a spoked wheel, its basically an outer friction flange without the inner carrier piece - thanks for reply though SC!

Old 05-04-2010 | 08:58 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

I couldnt find much out there either so just polished mine up a bit. Let us know what you find out on the Galfer one, I may be interested in one of those.

Old 05-04-2010 | 09:30 PM
11sec.shovel
Cruiser

How ironic that i stumbled across this thread on google today looking for these rotors. The parts book shows them on a bike,but i couldnt find them scrolling thru the rotor pictures. If i might ask....why are you looking for replacement? I want to put a blade wheel on my street glide but iam finding out as you stated they require a rotor with different mounting pattern. Iam assuming these are 11.8". Iam thinking there arnt going to be after market options because of the unique bolt pattern. I see new ones are about $100.Ill be watching this thread in the future good luck. If i find a set of stock ones i think ill just polish them. Shouldnt be too much as all there is to polish is the mounting tabs.

Old 05-05-2010 | 01:31 AM
blackmopar
|
Road Captain

i dont have a rotor for it right now at all - these are a set of 08s I bought from BBerck for my 07 Hope to hear from Galfer tomorrow - I beleive Lyndall will also have something that works but not style i want - We'll see. I think the trick is looking to the vrsc options

Old 06-07-2010 | 11:11 AM
blackmopar
|
Road Captain

been a minute since I posted on this. I just got my wheels finally from Powder coater, so havent been focused on this lately.
The galfer one will fit on the rim, but I beleive it needs the brembo claiper and pads like are on the v-rod. SO right now this isnt an option for me. Plus they are about $280 bucks! So fo rnow since not many other options I will probably be going with an OEM.

If anybody finds or knows otherwise, post it here - Lyndall is rumored to be coming out with something soon but probably high $$ stuff. EBC is also supposedly going to be doing something in the near future also.

A wave/contour rotor is the look im going for. Lyndalls will be a OEM look, but full floater and quite a bit more advanced performance wise.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Options for Cast Wheel Front Rotor??