Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BUB 7 2 into 1 installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 10:15 PM
seawoo
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BUB 7 2 into 1 installed

Just completed the install and up loaded the map, let it idle for a few (lots of heat expansion creaks from the clamps and shields i guess, can't wait to take it out tomorrow if we have no rain and see how it feels.

As for the header flanges... What is too tight and what is not enough? I assume if i get no leaks i am good, BUT i have a really bad habit of over tighting crap (old Navy days)... What harm in over tighting other than stripping stud/nut?

Attached Thumbnails BUB 7 2 into 1 installed-8x6-2-into-1.jpg  
Old 05-03-2010, 11:24 PM
por2gezo
Tourer

Looks good ...

is that a Japanese Truck in your garage ?

Old 05-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by por2gezo
Looks good ...

is that a Japanese Truck in your garage ?

Nice pipes! Those header flanges need 24 ft. lbs. of torque, not much! After a few miles of running it, recheck your fittings and your GTG!

Those Japanese trucks are pretty BA....IMHO. Close to 400 horses and faster than anything the big 3 can put out, as well as out pull, brake..etc.

I'm actually shopping for a new 2nd gen Tundra right now. Miss my Titan and yes, I've owned a GM, Dodge and Ford in the truck line.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:36 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

posted by seawoo
As for the header flanges... What is too tight and what is not enough? I assume if i get no leaks i am good, BUT i have a really bad habit of over tighting crap (old Navy days)... What harm in over tighting other than stripping stud/nut?
what trouble? well if you over tighten you could cause the gasket to pinch out and obstruct your flow,or snap the stud clean off. Just tighten all four snug /and equally, (I judged this based on feel and how much thread was sticking out or equal to the nut) and a half turn beyond that. That is what the guys here told me last year and so far it's worked out perfectly.

Last edited by maddghost; 05-03-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:37 PM
flyscoal77
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Rinehart 2-1 which is identical as the BUB except for the end cap. You will get major crackling for the first several hundred miles. Mine is starting to get worked in with 500 miles.

As for the header, you will be surprised how easy they are to over tighten. 30 ft pounds should be plenty and thats not very much!! Careful.

Nice pipe.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:07 AM
drnk_n_publick
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Vinsil
Nice pipes! Those header flanges need 24 ft. lbs. of torque, not much! After a few miles of running it, recheck your fittings and your GTG!
Those Japanese trucks are pretty BA....IMHO. Close to 400 horses and faster than anything the big 3 can put out, as well as out pull, brake..etc. I'm actually shopping for a new 2nd gen Tundra right now. Miss my Titan and yes, I've owned a GM, Dodge and Ford in the truck line.
Yes they are pretty good at going fast.....as long as you don't plan on stopping!!!! Hahaha

Seriously though, I would put my money on the new 402hp GMC anyday. Plus they look tons better than the buggish Tundras.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:27 AM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im running that pipe on my bagger and love it. It barks when you get on it and is mellow on the freeway if you keep your wrist out of it.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:44 AM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sure wish mine were on. Sent the muffler back to bikerhaven yesterday. Came with a dent in it. They're going to send me another muffler. Glad I discovered it before I removed the exhaust. Yours look great!

Old 05-04-2010, 08:20 PM
watchluvr4ever
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The service manual states 100-120 inch Lbs. You will need to re-tighten the flange nuts after a few rides. It is a little tricky getting in there with a torque wrench but it can be done with the right extensions. I have this pipe also and I love it!

Old 05-04-2010, 08:38 PM
seawoo
Advanced

Thanks, rode it today and boy does it feel right... As for tightning i think i did the 2 forward ones on each pipe too tight and the backs on each not enough.. Although i have no threads past the studs yet, will retighten in about 50 miles.

As for the truck... It is stupid fast i threw on Borla duals and estimate i am at around 395-400 HP.

Had the Tacoma 4.0 and it was quick too. The GMC i had a strong drivetrain but wayyyyy too many electrical issues. Or maybe it was just mine..

Quick Reply: BUB 7 2 into 1 installed