Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mistaken for a Sporty?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 08:06 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: A harley owner asked me what size sportster is that?

dsrich, you could have just told him it's the slower model.

(The above, though politically incorrect is meant only as a dig!!!!)

Old 08-15-2006, 08:48 PM
LTrain
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you're finally coming home bronk! Keep me posted on that ride in September. I've saved up some days off so I can get up there and back without haulin' too much azzzz.

My best friend from college, who claims he has a HD bagger said he like my sportster. Yep, it's that sportster with the 1450. Also, I was washing the bike and two Chicago Police Officers were driving by. They stopped and chatted and asked about my sportster. Nice guys otherwise!

ORIGINAL: bronk

Spent almost a year in Iraq helping insurgents in their journey to meet allah,and then came home and picked up my brand spanking new 06 Dyna SG in fire pearl red.I am happy as hell and have it parked in the driveway the day the inlaws come over.First thing my father in law says is "hey nice looking sportster.....is that a 1200?"I look in disbelief,but am kind when I correct him and say its a big V-twin Dyna.Inside I am GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...................it happens I guess.5 more days and Ill be home in the US a free man again.Goodbye Iraq/Kuwait!

Old 08-16-2006, 01:37 AM
DJJSR
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Bobber Rider

... just rode 50 miles on my previous '04 XLC 883 after 3500 miles i have now on my Bob, and i just couldn't believe i ever had a sporty.
the sportster feels so small and tiny compared to the Bob. felt like there was no bike under me. yuk.
Now that wasn't a very nice thing to say, was it? I don't think I've seen any Sporty threads saying bad things about a Bob. Different people have different bikes. They're all good.

Regards,
Don (worthless rider of a lowly Sportster)

PS - Let me know if you want to run it.
(for titles - that is if yours is paid for)

Old 08-16-2006, 03:08 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: DJJSR

ORIGINAL: Bobber Rider

... just rode 50 miles on my previous '04 XLC 883 after 3500 miles i have now on my Bob, and i just couldn't believe i ever had a sporty.
the sportster feels so small and tiny compared to the Bob. felt like there was no bike under me. yuk.
Now that wasn't a very nice thing to say, was it? I don't think I've seen any Sporty threads saying bad things about a Bob. Different people have different bikes. They're all good.

Regards,
Don (worthless rider of a lowly Sportster)

PS - Let me know if you want to run it.
(for titles - that is if yours is paid for)
wew...gettin ugly in here.
I don't think it was a nasty comment...until I saw the "yuk" part. After all...sportys are pretty small. If you're a big guy (like me) it just isn't the right bike. So while I admire those sporties...I won't be on one anytime soon. Won't say yuk...but I will say...ouch.

Todd

Old 08-17-2006, 02:13 PM
Dave_E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After reading all the posts here, have to ask "what's the big deal"? Guy's here who own HD's just admitted, some times... it's hard to tell. I wouldn't expect a non-owner or a metric rider to know HD's. We don't ride metric rockets or cruisers and bet many of us can't tell one rocket from another...their all just rockets, right? If you don't own a boat, do you know what model of Bayliner your looking at? Course not. Take pride in explaning to the "not knower" what model their looking at, year, goodies, etc.

Old 08-17-2006, 10:33 PM
theyogawarrior
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: A Harley owner asked me what size sportster is that?

Stevie wonder could see the difference. Although I do like a hopped up Sporty.

Old 08-18-2006, 03:08 PM
yost44
Tourer

at first glance my bike could easily be mistaken for a dyna

[IMG]local://upfiles/11606/7CFC196244A14AE1AA34D1D5465359B5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-18-2006, 03:51 PM
Draggin S
Road Master

Well,

It's kinda funny I'm readin' these posts now because last night at the local adult beverage consumption venue, there were 6 or 8 bikes there at various times. One guy parks across the lot away from everybody else but I've seen him around there all the time. His bike is pretty new and I said nice Dyna, what year is it? I wasn't wearin "Biker" clothes and he just looked at me like I'm some kinda dumba$$ and said; "It's not a Dyna, it's a LowRider!" ok, sorry buddy, whatever you say, I think I'll just finish my beer.

Regards,
Draggin S
V.B. WideGlide

Old 08-18-2006, 10:08 PM
mikeurig
Road Master

Had a guy ask me what kind of Sportster I was riding, told him it was a dyna. He said he road a Sporty years ago and asked about the motor size and a few other q's.
Nice guy, told him about my dealers anniversay party tomorrow and said he might stop by to get himself updated.

Old 08-26-2006, 03:18 AM
StreetSalvation
Cruiser

When I first started looking at getting a bike, I noticed really sweet sportys all decked out. I went to a local friday fest and noticed a bike that looked like my bob but with some gray hair. It was a sporty solo seat, mini apes, fatbob tank vivid black. I was amazed. Neat looking sporty. The fella said it was a 94. I have recieved the sporty comment before. It kinda feels funny, but true that person probly doesn't know jack. The new sporty customs with that fatter tank look like a dyna at a glance to any untrained eye. I am not a big guy and a guy twice my size rode by me on a 883 custom while i was on my dyna. Didn't look right but cool thats what he likes. I would not mind buying an old sporty to kinda bob out cause they look sweet that way. I was told those 1200s got me light to light in town. Peppy little things arnt they? I am trying to change a couple things to kinda undo the whole sporty look to my bike but i am sure there is a sporty out there that will like it any which way i go. Still a HD!

Quick Reply: Mistaken for a Sporty?