Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here's the Bob with the corbin hollywood seat

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 10:44 AM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior
Received 494 Likes on 196 Posts
Default RE: Here's the Bob with the corbin hollywood seat

ORIGINAL: PsTaN

The Corbin will break-in a good bit as you ride it. My Classic Solo has.

PsTaN

All in all I like my Corbin Dual Tour but I now have close to 2000 miles on it and I am still waiting for it to break in.

While it may be a little more comfortable than when it was brand new it is still a VERY HARD SEAT!!!!!

While it's not an uncomfortable seat I also wouldn't call it a comfortable seat.

I am considering calling Corbin to see if I can send it back to have them add a thin layer of softer foam to the seat.

My buddy had this done and it seems to help.

That or I will pick up a sheep skin cover to add a touch of padding.

Old 11-12-2006, 12:19 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey, I like your luggage rack.I wonder if I could get it to work with my easy brackets? I have already relocated my turn signals off the fender rail and now have two huge gaping oval shaped holes where they used to be.Which luggage rack is that? I like it because it looks more practical than the Mothewell ones that follow the contour of the fender.

Old 11-12-2006, 12:19 PM
lolife
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can we get a picture from the side................................how much???.....................................lolife

Old 11-13-2006, 04:30 PM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Howdy,

Nice bike, and seat!

I have the same seat but in the stock black color, (cheapie that I am)

I find that after a 45 minute ride I am squirming all over due to the pins and needles from that thing. Still, I keep it on for short rides so I can look COOL!! Ahh, the price we pay for being stylish. I also find I slide all around on the leather while riding.

I have a major complaint to make with H-D over their design of the "Street Bob". You see, in late 2004 I decided I wanted to make my 2003 FXD Super Glide look different from all the other FXD's running around. So, I put a set of Wide Glide bars on her, the Corbin Hollywood Solo seat, lowered the back end, added forward controls, and PRESTO!! I had a unique looking FXD. Well what does Harley turn around and do??? Make an almost exact copy of my bike!![sm=boosign.gif] I now looked like a factory "Street Bob" to the novice. I scratched my head[sm=confused06.gif], chin, and finally decided to put a 21 inch wheel on the dern thing to give a little distance from the factory bob. Grrr.[sm=wtf.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/20717/0B15E121740546FC8EF8CC8DFA8CE110.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-13-2006, 04:48 PM
ItsaHarley
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a friend with a Corbin. He said that thing never did break in after almost a year of riding on it. He ended up gel pad installed in it. Still looks like the stock Corbin, but a whole lot more comfy. Go to any bike show, there's usually someone there doing that kind of work.

Old 11-13-2006, 06:37 PM
rogue_rob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, talk about bringing up a post from the dead lol

Ok, the rear rack is a stock harley detachable rack. The rear turn signals ARE relocated at the ends of the docking hardware. You have to buy that kit separate from the rack but you use it with any detachable accessories(like a sissy bar).

I just bought a set of bags off of fleabay and will have to move the turn signals AGAIN though GRRRRR.

The seat is pretty comfortable to me, I've got a few thousand miles on it now and it's ok. I haven't had it out over a few hours though so I don't know about it for the long haul.

As far as the price goes, I think I paid under 400 for it. I know I got a 10% military discount on it but forget the exact price.

Anyways, thanks for the compliments on the bike! I can't take a picture from the side yet, I'm TDY right now in Michigan and wont be home til later this week.