Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New HD owner gettin the run around....GRRR

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010 | 09:42 PM
roadrashburns
|
Novice
Default New HD owner gettin the run around....GRRR

So i went to a dealership looking for the bike i wanted (2010 fxd silver) about 3-4 weeks ago and they found one and had to get it shipped from another dealer. Ok like most guys i wanted to change a few things like pipes, a/c, tuner, and forward controls. Now after four weeks of waiting they bike is in and i get to pick it up in the morning but the dealer has just now got around to ordering my parts. It's bad enough i had to fight to get the pipes i wanted. Just because drag specialties doesn't carry something doesn't mean they can't get it. So now i get to pick up my bike in the morning and still get to wait another week to get the pipes in. Oh to top it off its supposed to rain for the next 4 days. Maybe i wasn't meant to have a harley lol.

Old 04-29-2010 | 09:46 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Sounds like dealership politics - suppose they wanted to make sure the bike arrived before investing in your add-ons. Not to worry b/c it's still early in the riding season & you'll have many enjoyable miles to ride away these early frustrations.

Congrats & enjoy the new scoot!

Old 04-29-2010 | 09:56 PM
roadrashburns
|
Novice

Thank ya and i hope you are right. Those bassani pipes better be worth the wait tho because after waiting 4 weeks another week kinda tops off the politics. But on the bright side with the long wait I've had time to find things i want to add and a shop that's a lot cheaper then harley can ever think about being. The sad thing is after ordering the bike from another dealership they got a shipment in a few days before mine came in and guess what it had the exact bike i wanted but i had to wait for the other one to come in. Needless to say i doubt i go back to the dealer for anything but warranty work

Old 04-29-2010 | 11:38 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

Yea I quit bring my bike back after they did my first service. Just do your own work and order your own parts. Always check the forum first!!

Congrats on the bike!!

Old 04-29-2010 | 11:59 PM
brandonsuperglide
Cruiser

Originally Posted by roadrashburns
Just because drag specialties doesn't carry something doesn't mean they can't get it. So now i get to pick up my bike in the morning and still get to wait another week to get the pipes in. Those bassani pipes better be worth the wait
Drag Specialties carry Bassani.

Old 04-30-2010 | 07:11 AM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member

Thats the problem with a lot of dealers, if drag doesn't have it, they won't order it from anywhere else. Plus the dealer/drag mark-up on some parts is just ridiculous! Congrats on the bike finally coming in and I think it's mandatory when someone gets a new bike it usually rains the next few days!

Old 04-30-2010 | 09:48 AM
cactusred
Road Master

Originally Posted by red devil
Thats the problem with a lot of dealers, if drag doesn't have it, they won't order it from anywhere else. Plus the dealer/drag mark-up on some parts is just ridiculous! Congrats on the bike finally coming in and I think it's mandatory when someone gets a new bike it usually rains the next few days!
When I took my motorcycle safety course a few years back, one of the instructors said it was a good omen if you first rode in the rain, kind of a sign from above that, this is the worst it gets man, it's all heaven afterwords. Right on, I am all for it...
So happens, my first day of riding when I took the class, it rained, so I became a devirgined wet rider.
So happens, the day I bought my bike, it rained on me on the way home, it's been heaven ever since baby.......

Old 04-30-2010 | 11:49 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

If they're giving you such a runaround....don't buy from them. Go someplace else that appreciates your money. IF they just ordered your parts now causing further delay in 100% completed delivery, someone effed up.

Old 04-30-2010 | 04:08 PM
Bear_925
Tourer

Its nice to have everything done at once but I agree, next time just order everything yourself and put it on your bike, dealers are good sometimes but I've found that if youre brave enough to ride the thing you're probably brave enough to turn a few bolts and it feels good to do the work yourself. Just go for It. Yes.

Last edited by Bear_925; 04-30-2010 at 04:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-30-2010 | 07:52 PM
bullpupp12
Cruiser

congrats on the new bike. once you get on it and put some wind and bugs in your face, everything will fall into place.
later

Quick Reply: New HD owner gettin the run around....GRRR