Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New HD owner gettin the run around....GRRR

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010 | 10:03 AM
Bone11B
Road Captain

Originally Posted by QuickSilver74
it rained the day i bought my bike. it started about a half mile from when i unloaded it and then i got hit with a HUGE bug to the face in the first mile. it's been good ever since then though
Haha exact same thing happened to me...

when I lived in Texas riding up I35 just north of Austin and Bam! Down pour, I was soaked. Stopped under an overpass and had to ring out my shirt, laughing face was all red from stinging rain.
I havent had anything like that since then!

To OP once the dealer thinks they have you all service support is gone!

Last edited by Bone11B; 05-01-2010 at 10:05 AM. Reason: add
Old 05-01-2010 | 10:17 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by roadrashburns
So i went to a dealership looking for the bike i wanted (2010 fxd silver) about 3-4 weeks ago and they found one and had to get it shipped from another dealer. Ok like most guys i wanted to change a few things like pipes, a/c, tuner, and forward controls. Now after four weeks of waiting they bike is in and i get to pick it up in the morning but the dealer has just now got around to ordering my parts. It's bad enough i had to fight to get the pipes i wanted. Just because drag specialties doesn't carry something doesn't mean they can't get it. So now i get to pick up my bike in the morning and still get to wait another week to get the pipes in. Oh to top it off its supposed to rain for the next 4 days. Maybe i wasn't meant to have a harley lol.
If you had paid for your add ons up-front, then you have a right to be pissed, however if you did not pay for your add ons in advance then I would be in favor of the dealer and here's why; suppose you said, "yeah I want this and this, but won't pay for it until after it's on".

Sorry to tell you but most dealers will not order you any extras until you pay for them in advance, otherwise if you change your mind and don't want the parts, then they're stuck with the product that you wanted but then did not want. Your dealer should have told you this though in advance too. Someone obviously dropped the ball..

Old 05-04-2010 | 04:36 AM
stovetop0844
Cruiser

I know what ya mean man. When I was supposed to get my bike the dealership they didn't have it, for like three weeks straight they told me that. So I called corporate and raised hell. They said the bike had been delivered a month earlier and gave me the delivery confirmation, so I called the dealer again, skipped talking to the manager who I'd been dealing with and talked to a mech who found my bike for me. It had been sitting in the maintenance bay all three weeks the manager said he didn't have it. Then it took em another two weeks for them to put th bag and sissy bar on I ordered. Morale of the story, I'm neve buying anything more than a t-shirt from the stealer again.

Old 05-18-2010 | 09:21 PM
roadrashburns
|
Novice

And now more to the story. i went by the dealership last week to see if my pipes were in yet. Well they weren't so the dealer called bassani and guess what they forgot to ship the pipes. Well long story short i dropped the bike off at the dealership today to get everything put on the bike and i get to pick it up tomorrow afternoon so YAY!!!!

Old 05-19-2010 | 07:04 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

They forgot to ship your pipes? I'd cancel the order.

Old 05-19-2010 | 07:30 AM
04FXDL
Cruiser

Bad news....another story in a long line of stories of dealerships TAKING MONEY and offering BAD SERVICE/SUPPORT.
Good news...the bike will be in your possession soon enough again and you can take comfort in knowing that from now on you can go someplace else (another dealership or indie shop) or do the work yourself (my choice for the most part).

BETTER NEWS...you got one kick-$%^ bike you'll enjoy all summer long!!!!

Old 05-19-2010 | 10:23 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by roadrashburns
the dealer called bassani and guess what they forgot to ship the pipes.
Originally Posted by 04FXDL
Bad news....another story in a long line of stories of dealerships TAKING MONEY and offering BAD SERVICE/SUPPORT.
Not seeing the part where the dealer provided bad service or support. Seems to me Bassani is the one who forgot to ship.