Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New HD owner gettin the run around....GRRR

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010 | 08:21 PM
1320go
Cruiser
Smile new bike

My brother-in-law bought a new metric one spring in northern Ohio and it rainedfor 26 days straight.Hope you have better luck.Do yourself a favor and order your own parts on line.Most dealers will give you grief and charge you way more.You can not trust them to give you honest advice,they will tell you anything to get your last dollar.I would think they would be happy just selling you a new bike but they are never satisfied.I have not met a Harley dealer in the last 20 years that I could stand.

Old 04-30-2010 | 08:48 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

Back when I bought my first harley I had to wait three months for the factory to ship it. What you are going through sounds normal if you were waiting for a specific model and color to come from another dealer. Don't sweat it you will be riding soon enough.

Old 04-30-2010 | 09:05 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I would do your stage 1 after you break the bike in. Maybe 2-3000 miles so the engine is fuly broke in and you are past the first service. That way if there are any issues you are still stock and no warranty problems.

Old 04-30-2010 | 09:10 PM
QuickSilver74
Cruiser

it rained the day i bought my bike. it started about a half mile from when i unloaded it and then i got hit with a HUGE bug to the face in the first mile. it's been good ever since then though

Old 04-30-2010 | 09:27 PM
ozzy2800
Cruiser

Once you have the bike with all the goodies on it, this situation will be a distant memory!

Old 04-30-2010 | 09:43 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior

You got the "I want it now-itis" Yea, someone goofed up. It's a really busy time for most dealers, especially in the Service Dept. One word of warning, some dealers are REFUSING TO INSTALL PARTS NOT ORDERED THROUGH THEM. Daughter had a run with 2 dealers in Wisconsin...... namely Vandervest and Doc's. I Located a Genuine Harley, Factory Sealed Complete Chrome Front end for her 2006 Heritage from a Harley Dealer in Florida. Believe it or not, in 2008, Harley "discontinued" carrying Chrome front ends for the Heritage Softail Classics!!! Anyway, she took it to Vandervest for installation and they refused. Took it to Doc's and they refused. Both said the parts had to be ordered through them. Said I would have, but you cant "order" a part that's been discontinued!!! and if they had one "in stock" I would have purchased it from them.
They still refused. Got Appleton HD to install it and the pre 2006 set of SE slip on's.
Needless to say Appleton will have her future business.

Old 04-30-2010 | 09:46 PM
roadrashburns
|
Novice

I got to pick the bike up today and man was i a happy camper. Got around 60 miles on it before the rain set in and headed home. But on the bright side at least i get to see what the difference in performance will be once the pipes and a/c come in.

I wasn't saying that drag didn't carry bassani. Just not the ones i wanted. They had to order pro street turn outs in black straight from the factory.

One last thing. I freakin love this bike and hope i get a few more hours of clear weather to ride it around tomorrow.

Old 04-30-2010 | 09:53 PM
Davidus1
Novice

Originally Posted by LWOS
You got the "I want it now-itis" Yea, someone goofed up. It's a really busy time for most dealers, especially in the Service Dept. One word of warning, some dealers are REFUSING TO INSTALL PARTS NOT ORDERED THROUGH THEM. Daughter had a run with 2 dealers in Wisconsin...... namely Vandervest and Doc's. I Located a Genuine Harley, Factory Sealed Complete Chrome Front end for her 2006 Heritage from a Harley Dealer in Florida. Believe it or not, in 2008, Harley "discontinued" carrying Chrome front ends for the Heritage Softail Classics!!! Anyway, she took it to Vandervest for installation and they refused. Took it to Doc's and they refused. Both said the parts had to be ordered through them. Said I would have, but you cant "order" a part that's been discontinued!!! and if they had one "in stock" I would have purchased it from them.
They still refused. Got Appleton HD to install it and the pre 2006 set of SE slip on's.
Needless to say Appleton will have her future business.
This is the issue I have with dealers too. What did they gain by treating you that way? They have lost your business! They would have been better served by installing your parts for you and getting your loyalty. Poor business decisions by money grubbers!!!!!!!

Old 05-01-2010 | 02:43 AM
bullpupp12
Cruiser

told ya! once that wind hits your face, nothing else matters.
later

Old 05-01-2010 | 08:37 AM
jwlehman
Road Master

They would have lost the markup on the parts! Let's face it, its a business. I'm not defending it, but that's the way it is. They are trying to discourage people from buying their parts elsewhere.

Kinda like taking a lb of hamburger into McDonalds and asking them to prepare it for you and only charging you for the bun. Even though he might of bought the hamburger from another McDonalds...weird analogy I know

Originally Posted by Davidus1
This is the issue I have with dealers too. What did they gain by treating you that way? They have lost your business! They would have been better served by installing your parts for you and getting your loyalty. Poor business decisions by money grubbers!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: New HD owner gettin the run around....GRRR