Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proud Hubby

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 04:33 PM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Proud Hubby

I guess i could have posted this in the General Chat, but she rides a Dyna, so I will stick it here.

My wife has been riding for just over a year now. Well back in January we traded in her Vulcan for her a Street Bob. She has been doing great on it, and she makes an awesome riding partner.

Well this past weekend, we had our club state rally. I was already over in Dallas and she was going to meet up with us later for lunch. Well it was a beautiful day out so i wanted her to ride. But that meant she had to ride by herself which she has never done. It was offered that a Brothers wife would ride back the 20 miles from another place, to ride in with her, but she refused. I know she was scared, but she got on her bike, stopped and got gas, and road the 20 miles to meet the brothers wife, then they rode into Dallas in busy traffic.

Now i know this might not matter to most. But im a proud hubby. She has put a few thousand miles on her bikes over the last year, but she finally did it without me beside her. I know this will be a big confidence boost.

Sorry to take up your time. I just had to brag on her a little!

Old 04-27-2010, 04:39 PM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey..Nooo, thats cool bro.. Im in the research stage of getting my lady her own ride, right now.
she is doing the Permit phase. and is eager to get her license.. but as it stands she says she is perfectly happy riding 2nd seat with me everywhere i go.

im anxious to get her off my proverbial nipple and have her on her own two feet.

great Job, great stories, pass on my congrats to the wifey.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:42 PM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Congrats, that's awesome for her... I bet she had a smile from ear to ear when she met up with ya!

Old 04-27-2010, 04:46 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Kudos to your wife. That is an accomplishment to be proud of.
My OL is just starting out, got her license the first weekend of this month. We looked at several bikes but when she sat on a Suzuki GZ250 she knew right away that was her starter bike. I rode it from the dealership, (Ft. Washington HD) to a local park where she started riding. It took a couple trips down there before she felt up to riding it home. She is now riding the Parkway with me and making progress.
I look forward to a few months down the road when she decides she is ready for the Street Bob or Low Rider she wants.
I know how you feel. I was very proud of her on that first ride home. Even took pics, I was in the car.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:51 PM
oldbiker771
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine road a Sporty for a year and a half, finally said she was tired of having her fillings tightened every week or so. Couldnt hardly blame her, those rigid Sporties are tough. She originally had the same bike they use in the MSF course here, a Honda Rebel. 1 yr on that, 2 on the sporty, and then she started doing research and test fits on all kinds of bikes. All Black, of course, she's the dark horse in the family. She finally settled on a Kawi 900 Vulcan classic, which I modded with a Mustang seat, different bars, take off bags, take off windshield. I agree with Redleg, it's a proud feeling to look over and see your partner having an independent blast. It's so good for their self esteem too, she acts differently now to alot of situations where she was formerly tentative. If I could figure out how to post a picture in here, I'd put one of her in. Here's to em!

Old 04-27-2010, 04:54 PM
Punchsmack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Getting on that bike my yourself and going a long distance ain't easy. Especially in heavy traffic. Congrats go out to her!

I'll be going from Chicago to Cleveland all alone in May. To be honest, I'm nervous (not really nervous, a little).

Old 04-27-2010, 05:24 PM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master

Originally Posted by frontiercat
Congrats, that's awesome for her... I bet she had a smile from ear to ear when she met up with ya!
Well actually i had gotten a little worried cause i hadnt heard from her, so i sent her a txt. She replied back a couple minutes later that she had just made it and it look longer than she thought because she had to get gas. So i was the one with a big smile one my face!

Old 04-27-2010, 05:47 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member

She should be very proud. That is how I started and then the hubby couldn't keep up. I live 1.3 miles from work and ride whenever I can and he still tries to get me to call him when I get there - overkill. Soon she will want to be on her own and you have to decide if you're a micromanager or if you will let your little bird sprout her wings and fly (within reason).

Attached Thumbnails Proud Hubby-100_0472.jpg  
Old 04-27-2010, 05:49 PM
Geezer2
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a great new thread to me.... "Proud hubbies showing off their newly endorsed ridin buddies"! What ya think? Is it a go?

Old 04-27-2010, 06:55 PM
transam7969
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm hoping I can get my fiancee on a street bob some day. She hasn't even ridden on the back of my bike yet but I can already tell I'll rather have her on her own than riding with me. Hopefully she likes being on a bike lol

Last edited by transam7969; 04-27-2010 at 07:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Proud Hubby