Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Paint finally done

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 09:38 AM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 823 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by jstreet0204
That's pretty much what I did. There are several tutorials on youtube. It's really not that difficult if you have some Idea of how to do the shading and highlites. I bought a few stencils to use as guides then did all the shading. If you look at my other thread on the preview pics, there are some shots of what it looked like after you spray the stencil. Most of the medium sized skulls are actually the same skull stencil turned all different ways and flipped over. After doing so many you they start to be sort of second nature. I did the tank last and the forward facing skulls are mostly freehaded since I didn't one that looked like that. Just used some curved stencils to get the hard edges. If you are interested in trying it PM me and I can point to a good place to get supplies.
thanks , but i think i'll leave painting and engine work to the pros .
i might fool around with it sometime , but i'll practice a lot first

Old 04-28-2010, 12:09 PM
bigmikaele
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks, unfortunately there are things I just can't get to show up in the pics. Little details like smoke coming out of the eyes on the rear skull and all the little details that you only see when the light chages across it. I was really worried about spraying the clear coat, but I managed to only get a couple of minor runs, and all of the little imperfections buffed right out. The black looks so much better than I was expecting after I buffed it out it looks like you could sitck you hand through it. All in all I am very happy how it came out. I did this all in my garage with a $29 detail gun off ebay, a $25 airbrush off ebay, and a $200 harbor freight compressor.
And more talent then most of the people posting combined.

Unbelievable!

Old 04-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Royce
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Man, that looks sharp!

Old 04-29-2010, 07:33 PM
jstreet0204
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ok so I got the bike all back together the other day, and had a couple of issues to work out. First was my right rear turn signal wasn't working. Turned out the run brake turn module was bad. Dealer replaced it no problem. The other problem was that I put 5 gallons of gas in it and the gas guage still read close to empty. Sometimes its a little slow so I didn't think much of it. Well today it sort of cut out on me a couple of times so I ride back home to check it out. Tank has hardly any gas in it. I should have known something was up when I was able to put 5 gallons in the other day, since it should have been overflowing. Turns out that I paid for 5 gallons and only got maybe 1 gallon. Go figure... Filled it up at another station and the guage works fine.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:36 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Ok so I got the bike all back together the other day, and had a couple of issues to work out. First was my right rear turn signal wasn't working. Turned out the run brake turn module was bad. Dealer replaced it no problem. The other problem was that I put 5 gallons of gas in it and the gas guage still read close to empty. Sometimes its a little slow so I didn't think much of it. Well today it sort of cut out on me a couple of times so I ride back home to check it out. Tank has hardly any gas in it. I should have known something was up when I was able to put 5 gallons in the other day, since it should have been overflowing. Turns out that I paid for 5 gallons and only got maybe 1 gallon. Go figure... Filled it up at another station and the guage works fine.
Damn, where do you live, so I can make sure I get the gas I paid for when I go through there..lol!