Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Physical Vapor Deposition (Black out upper fork tubes)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 04:16 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

intresting... the main issue i run into on this is clearance, how thick is the coating? I have tried countless times to make 1 mill coatings on SD powder (3000 hours salt spray) work and it simply could not work and the seals would go bad and leak (if i could get them together at all) for motorcycle applications powder can basicly do it all but the fork tubes cause of these issues, how is it that this works... it looks like a killer process! that gold is wicked!

Old 06-10-2010, 04:23 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

wow!!!!! .00002 is the thickness! that is awesome! just awesome... cool product, i will keep your link as a to do in the future we get a ton of stuff together to coat for customers, wold be awesome to offer the tubes as well, send those to you, i coat the rest, the assemble... be very trick! i keep picturing brass fork tubes and have to say... very very cool!

Old 02-05-2011, 09:45 AM
sheaheeney
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I am late to join this thread, but I have to agree that brass(esque) tubes and caps could look very cool with black sliders and trees.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:11 AM
On Deck
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on that - and not limit to just the tubes - this could be fun!

Old 06-02-2011, 11:20 AM
AbrnRanger
Advanced

Lifetime Coatings was purchased by another company. I had a lot of work done with Lifetime Coatings Launa was AWESOME! The company that purchased Lifetime Coatings is named Lustrous Metal Coatings, and their customer service SUCKS. Don't waste your time trying to get anything coated with them. Let me share my saga.

Dear Mike,

I wanted to take a moment of your time to let you know that your company’s customer service is less than stellar. I was a good customer of Lifetime Coatings, and recently sent off to your company some parts to be PVD coated (Copper TI). My parts were delivered on Wednesday May 11th. On Wednesday May 18th I called your company to ensure the parts were received, I spoke with Vince. He informed me that he had yet to receive my parts. I explained to him that the Postal Service states they delivered my parts on the 11th. Vince said “Oh they must be in the other building, I’ll go find them and call you back.” One week later I still had not heard from Vince. So I started calling again on the 24th. After leaving many voice message with no call back as to whether or not the parts had been found. They gave me your name, and said you could help with this as well. It wasn’t until Friday the 27th that someone from your company informed me that you found my parts on the 18th. I was completely OK with the answer I received on Friday the 27th, that in fact you all had found my parts, and as it turns out they were on your desk. So I return from work yesterday only to find my parts at my house, uncoated, and no explanation. My best guess is that I was deemed too much of a hassle to do business with, and all along only wanted a simple answer to a simple question.

Thank you,

Old 06-02-2011, 11:27 AM
dynabobster
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AbrnRanger
Lifetime Coatings was purchased by another company. I had a lot of work done with Lifetime Coatings Launa was AWESOME! The company that purchased Lifetime Coatings is named Lustrous Metal Coatings, and their customer service SUCKS. Don't waste your time trying to get anything coated with them. Let me share my saga.
So did they reply?

Old 06-02-2011, 11:34 AM
AbrnRanger
Advanced

That Email was sent at 12:30pm yesterday. I have not heard anything as of yet. I doubt I will.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:54 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

any updates of the poor customer service?

Old 06-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Stag556
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just saw this thread. Seems like an awesome service if the customer service end has been improved. Any one have dealings with this company recently?

Old 06-05-2012, 03:28 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

i emailed the company on pricing and will report back once i hear from them...

Quick Reply: Physical Vapor Deposition (Black out upper fork tubes)