Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traded the Sporty for a new 2010 Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 05:32 PM
HDHornet
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traded the Sporty for a new 2010 Street Bob

When in to the local HD dealership to buy some plugs for my Sportster and came out with a new 2010 Street Bob. I've been debating on trading in the Sporty for a while but couldn't decide on what I wanted. I had my heart set on a new Wide Glide until I saw the Street Bob in person and I really like it. I took the Wide Glide out on Sunday during the demo rides and got sore legs after riding it for 15 minutes. I think the forwards are set lower than what I have on my Sporty. I've added a set of V&H chrome Big Shots staggered, a rear passenger seat, (only on when riding two up) and passenger pegs. I have a question though, what is the best way to avoid scratching the fender when using the passenger pillion? I can't wait to start making this Bob my own and am looking forward to seeing new ideas from you guys and gals. I'll post some pics as soon as I can.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:12 PM
TimBob
Advanced

Can't reply on how to avoid scratches, someone here may help. I want an easily removable passenger pillon. 2010 SB here also. Let the mods begin! Congrats, I LUV my Bob!

Old 04-16-2010, 06:12 PM
davidsdad
Road Warrior

Congrats.. you'll love the Bob!!
I've never had a problem with the seat scratching my fender..

Old 04-16-2010, 06:31 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Sweet !

Old 04-16-2010, 06:48 PM
youngpappy
Advanced
Cool

I actually had a 04 1200r i sold a couple weeks before bike week and i bought a 08 street bob
I wanted something bigger
I love my bobber now real happy i got it

startin to customize it now wanna powdercoat a bit put some risers on it and forward controls
dont like the mids
only complaint

AND
i was originally huntin a wide glide before i found the bob too
was set on one for a while

no regrets

Old 04-16-2010, 07:15 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My hubby has 2010 wideglide and when you take pillion seat off there are foam pads to protect fender. They have these at HD dealer. I planning on mounting a couple strategically placed pieces of possibly mouse pad/neoprene material under the rear seat instead of on the fender. Have also been thinking about weatherstripping - 3M tape. Anything not to spend big $$ at dealer for $2 in stuff.
I also moved from sporty to bob. Best move ever. Enjoy your new ride.

Attached Thumbnails Traded the Sporty for a new 2010 Street Bob-100_0474.jpg   Traded the Sporty for a new 2010 Street Bob-100_0472.jpg  
Old 04-16-2010, 07:15 PM
09xl1200c
Novice

Congrats. , you'll love the Street Bob!! I did the same trade back in January , love my 2010 Street Bob.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Supergo
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HDHornet
When in to the local HD dealership to buy some plugs for my Sportster and came out with a new 2010 Street Bob. I've been debating on trading in the Sporty for a while but couldn't decide on what I wanted. I had my heart set on a new Wide Glide until I saw the Street Bob in person and I really like it. I took the Wide Glide out on Sunday during the demo rides and got sore legs after riding it for 15 minutes. I think the forwards are set lower than what I have on my Sporty. I've added a set of V&H chrome Big Shots staggered, a rear passenger seat, (only on when riding two up) and passenger pegs. I have a question though, what is the best way to avoid scratching the fender when using the passenger pillion? I can't wait to start making this Bob my own and am looking forward to seeing new ideas from you guys and gals. I'll post some pics as soon as I can.
I went in for new plugs for my 07 Street Bob and rode off on my 2010 Wide Glide. I still bought the plugs so when its time for the WG to need plugs I wont impulse buy again.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:30 PM
FenceSC
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Did something similar back in November. Traded in a Nightster on an 09 Street Bob. I installed the luggage rack behind the solo, and bought the HD seat that snaps onto the rack. I didn't want to cover up the paintwork on the fender.

Attached Thumbnails Traded the Sporty for a new 2010 Street Bob-2010-02-21-001.jpg   Traded the Sporty for a new 2010 Street Bob-001.jpg  
Old 04-16-2010, 08:07 PM
h2o
Road Captain

congrats. Don't you hate when that happens? You go into a dealership buy some plugs and you come out with a new bike. You must not be married. LOL That things looks nicely equipped already. Congrats again.

Quick Reply: Traded the Sporty for a new 2010 Street Bob