Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**Screaming Eagle Compensator**

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012 | 10:38 AM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by drspencer
Just did SE comp & 30T pulley to my 07 FXSTC.

During the whole operation, I couldn't help thinking that it seems like it would be easier to just remove the inner primary, rather than go through the grinding.
At first I thought the same, but if the stator ever craps out, all that grinding paid off.

Old 07-10-2012 | 08:58 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member

So the touring guys are having a crapload of SE comp issues... anybody on Dynas have issues? Mine has about 10-15k on it, and primary is noisy as hell... bike is not smooth anymore... I need to pull the primary and inspect in depth... not looking forward to it.

Old 07-14-2012 | 07:11 PM
dynabobster
Tourer

Is the rotor that comes with the SE Comp the same as the stock '07 rotor and does it work with the stock '07 stator. Will the SE comp work with the stock '07 rotor? I would like to do this mod when I have my primary off to repair my inner primary seal leak and I really don't want to spend the $$$ to replace a fully functioning stator. Anyone know if the '07 came with the upgraded chain adjuster? Or do I just have to pull it apart to see.
Thanks

Old 07-14-2012 | 07:27 PM
02fx4dude
Road Master

Originally Posted by archergodwin
So the touring guys are having a crapload of SE comp issues... anybody on Dynas have issues? Mine has about 10-15k on it, and primary is noisy as hell... bike is not smooth anymore... I need to pull the primary and inspect in depth... not looking forward to it.
I had my primary apart earlier this week, noted the reddish-brown discoloration on the SE comp sprocket. Once I wiped it off with a rag I didn't notice any visible signs of damage, scoring or gouging. Has about 8k on the SE compensator.

Old 07-14-2012 | 07:37 PM
mud
|
muderator
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by dynabobster
Is the rotor that comes with the SE Comp the same as the stock '07 rotor and does it work with the stock '07 stator. Will the SE comp work with the stock '07 rotor? I would like to do this mod when I have my primary off to repair my inner primary seal leak and I really don't want to spend the $$$ to replace a fully functioning stator. Anyone know if the '07 came with the upgraded chain adjuster? Or do I just have to pull it apart to see.
Thanks
been three some odd years ago.

I see now a lot of my pix in posting one are gone.

need to refresh those.

I do believe you are asking the first question twice

so, if I remember correctly,

answer -compensator kit - you will get a new rotor.

if I remember correctly,
the 07 stator should work. doublecheck me in the SE catalog.

if I remember correctly,
your 07 should already have the # 39929-06A or better tensioner

Old 07-14-2012 | 07:39 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

Thanks
Yes I never replaced my rotor when I did the SE comp and that was 4 years and 50+k ago.

Old 07-14-2012 | 07:57 PM
dynabobster
Tourer

Originally Posted by mud
been three some odd years ago.

I see now a lot of my pix in posting one are gone.

need to refresh those.

I do believe you are asking the first question twice

so, if I remember correctly,

answer -compensator kit - you will get a new rotor.

if I remember correctly,
the 07 stator should work. doublecheck me in the SE catalog.

if I remember correctly,
your 07 should already have the # 39929-06A or better tensioner
What I was trying to find out is if you can install the SE comp on a stock '07 rotor? Does it make sense to install the new rotor if it is the same as the stock OEM rotor and the OEM parts are functioning properly? Sure, new part why not install it, my dilemma, if I need to replace the stator to use the new rotor and the comp won't work with the OEM rotor then it is beyond by budget to do the mod at this time.
Thanks for the response :-)

Old 07-14-2012 | 08:01 PM
dynabobster
Tourer

Originally Posted by soft 02
Yes I never replaced my rotor when I did the SE comp and that was 4 years and 50+k ago.
Thanks, I missed your post while I was typing, LOL
Thanks to all

Old 07-14-2012 | 08:02 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

What I was trying to find out is if you can install the SE comp on a stock '07 rotor? Does it make sense to install the new rotor if it is the same as the stock OEM rotor and the OEM parts are functioning properly? Sure, new part why not install it, my dilemma, if I need to replace the stator to use the new rotor and the comp won't work with the OEM rotor then it is beyond by budget to do the mod at this time.
The SE comp rotor is compatible with the OEM stator. The dealer will tell you you need to change the stator but you dont.

Old 07-14-2012 | 08:44 PM
mud
|
muderator
Riders Club Member

What I was trying to find out is if you can install the SE comp on a stock '07 rotor?

Does it make sense to install the new rotor if it is the same as the stock OEM rotor

and the OEM parts are functioning properly? Sure, new part why not install it, my dilemma, if I need to replace the stator to use the new rotor and the comp won't work with the OEM rotor then it is beyond by budget to do the mod at this time.
dynabobster / Streetbobster / cbz1200n

as for - " Does it make sense to install the new rotor" -

you cannot use your old rotor. period.

picture below is part of the SE compensator "kit"

which includes the new and different *rotor*

this is a picture that is still in posting #1 of this thread.

below, you will see the new rotor...............

Last edited by mud; 07-14-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Quick Reply: **Screaming Eagle Compensator**